Chapter 8

Chapter 8

All of a sudden, I see Kira rushing down the stairs, in nothing but a towel, with a brush stuck in her hair. She was coming closer and closer, never slowing.

“ Kira? What-“ I couldn’t finish my sentence because she threw herself at me, once again wrapping her arms and legs around me.

“ Kira! I wasn’t done! Get back here this instant!” my mom appeared in the doorway, looking like she had run a marathon.

“ Mom?”

“ Tristan, you have to help me. I cannot get her to sit still long enough for me to finish brushing her hair and at every knot, she goes crazy!”

“Is that why she came running downstairs?”

“ Yes, now please have her sit in a chair!” my mom said, eyeing Kira’s half naked body wrapped around mine. I mean, it felt odd to me, too, but being a guy, I won’t complain. I carried Kira over to the kitchen stool  and for the second time today, pried her off of me, and set her onto the stool.

“ Kira, that wasn’t very nice, what you did to mom. Now I would appreciate if you could sit still until your hair is brushed, okay? Don’t make a fuss about it.” I said firmly.

Turning back to my meal, I watched as my mom retrieved the brush. Now that I have a chance, I looked at Kira. Without all the dirt, on her skin and hair, her eyes and hair seemed to stand out even more than before.

When I realized that I had been staring at her—again—I quickly looked away, for she was looking right back at me. For some reason, I felt a slight blush rise to my cheeks.

“ I, uh, am going to get changed.” I mumbled.

“ Oh, okay, dear. But before you do, I set out some clothes on the guest bed for her, could you bring them down?”

“ yeah, sure.” I started my way upstairs, hearing Kira hiss and growl at my mom when a knot got pulled.

I chuckled under my breath.

************

Sitting at the kitchen table, I thought; mom, what are you up to?

My mom had asked me to come down from my room and wait in the kitchen for her to come down. I looked at my watch and sighed. I had been sitting here for almost 10 minutes. Standing up, I ran my hands through my dark hair.

I spun towards the door as I heard the sound of footsteps. At first, I could only see a silhouette, but as she stepped into the light, I was baffled.

From dirt covered skin, matted hair, and ripped clothing, came Kira. Bathed and dressed in a pair of purple Convers, blue skinny jeans, black and white plaid shirt, and a side braid. All in all, she looked hot. I mean, even hotter than Anna. In a natural way though. Unlike Anna, Kira hadn’t caked her face with 10 pounds of makeup, and was far from looking like she was made of plastic.

“ Wow…” I whispered. Even if she heard, she just stood there blushing like crazy.   

**************************************

HEY! I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN:        

1.  IS SHE GOING TO FREAK WHEN SHE LEARNS THAT SHE HAS TO GO TO SCHOOL LIKE TRISTAN, OR IS SHE GOING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT IT?

2. HOW IS ANNA GOING TO REACT? IS SHE GOING TO HATE KIRA?

AND 3. IS SHE EVER GOING TO SPEAK TO ANYONE? TO TRISTAN? SAYING MORE THAN HIS NAME?

TELL ME AND ENJOY!

READ, VOTE, COMMENT!

THX

<3