rehabilitation

I hummed as they helped me take my bandages off, they were amazed by how fast they healed, barely even a scar.

"Amazing!" Tanjiro beamed as he leaned over to view my hands. "You're really cool."

My hands held my cheeks as I blush. "Thanks."

"Nooo!" Zenitsu screams rumble through the room and dropped my head on the bed. "I can't possibly take anymore!"

"We go through this every single day!" Aoi scolds him. "You're the most severely injured, Zenitsu! Take your medicine this second! Seriously... Tanjiro, your medicine is right over there."

"Thank you." He says taking it.

"Guessing medicine wouldn't help you since you're healed already." She tells me and I frowned, not in the gang right now.

"Tanjiro's medicine goes down easy, doesn't it? Right? It's different than mine, isn't it? I call favoritism! I call favoritism!"

"Zenitsu, this is a hospital ward! Pipe down!" I throw a pillow at him so hard he hits the floor.

"Akari, violence is not the answer!" Tanjiro says.

I put my hands up, looking at my newly grown fingers. "I did not get my fingers chopped off just to hear him scream about his problems."

"You seem to be doing well!" Says a voice and I turned my head.

"Murata!"

"He's alive." I gushed as he pulls a stool up, Tanjiro patted his bed and I climbed over.

"Are you alright?" Asked Tanjiro.

"Well, I came this close to getting melted away, but I made it somehow. But I hear you guys got really banged up--" he looks up and down at me. "Or not."

"It looks like it's going to take some time."

"I also hear she's a half blood." He says. "I was confused when you asked her if she had any blood demon art, now it makes since. And wild boar kid, in your case, was it the throat? What's that matter with him?"

"He went through a lot. If you could just please let him be..." I tell him.

"But for this guy of all people to be so listless--"

"Akari, Tanjiro--" Zenitsu says. "Who is that person?"

"It's Murata. He fought with us on Mt. Natagumo."

"I'm Murata! Nice to meet you! Hey, your arm..."

"I almost got turned into a spider and my arms and legs are still short..."

"And that's why you need this medicine!" Aoi comes back.

"But it tastes so gross! There's only so much gross a person can take!"

"Don't come crying to me if your arms and legs don't go back to normal!"

"So cold! That's such a cold thing to say!

"You don't know how good you have it! I mean, if you take this medicine and get lots of sunlight, there'll be no lasting effects!"

"I can't do it!" He runs across Inosuke's bed and to my side, grabbing my shoulder and some hair.

"Ow!" I turned my head.

"Gross is gross! No two ways about it!"

"Looks like fun. Lucky you." Murata says.

"M-murata?" His whole demeanor changed.

"I was summoned to the Hashira meeting to give my report on the Mt. Natagumo incident. And it was like hell! Those Hashira are way to terrifying! All pissed about how the quality of the newer slayers has gone downhill... because there were some of us who didn't follow orders in Mt. Natagumo. And they were like 'Who trained them?'. What good would it do to ask someone of my rank anyways? Hashira terrify me!"