The Tormented

I ran through the empty city center, the rain hit my face like bullets.

I didn't understand how the events of last week could have caused this, we were so happy, so happy to have finally been heard and accepted, but then it all changed. A few words and now things might never be the same.

I looked around standing right in the middle of the city square, the rain was coming down more heavily then i had ever witnessed, where was he? He promised to meet me here on today's date at quarter past three. I pulled my pocket watch out of my coat pocket and looked at its crafted hands, It was twenty minutes past three. He was late, For any other person this might be acceptable but Dante was never late, In fact most people had praised him for his immaculate time keeping, but not today.

I pushed my long wet hair out of my face and allowed my body to fall to the ground. I started to cry, I couldn't control it and before i knew it i was crying hysterically. All the memories of my parents and their insisted family movie nights and my brother wrestling me for the remote, all came rushing back to me and it hit me what i had lost. Everything.

I stayed sat on the floor for what seemed like forever until i decided that waiting for someone who might not even be alive anymore, in the rain, might not be the best idea.

I got up and started walking to the nearest side street to get back to the shack. I had stopped crying but now all i could feel was disappointment, Dante had never let me down, the one thing i could always count on was that he was always there for me, or so i thought. As i was about to turn out of the square i felt a tap on my back.

"Did you miss me?"

Dante.

Dante's Grey eyes looked at me with apprehension.

I stared at him with disbelief, I thought he was dead.

He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around me his body was tense, i could feel something was wrong but at this point i was to relieved to even ask. Dante was tall and had dark earthy brown hair which was wet from the rain. He was wearing worn ripped jeans, a black coat and gloves that had the tips missing.

"Ella, I'm sorry"  He whispered softly into my ear

"Dante its.." I started to say, but i was interrupted by the loud bell that was struck every afternoon at 4 exactly.

"Run" we both said without delay.

We ran down the back streets of the city, the rain had cleared but the air was left with a sharp chill that made my bones ache. Dante ran behind me as I tried to remember how to get to the shack. You could hear the bells pounding for miles, Today they were going on far longer then usual, something must be wrong.

After about fifteen minutes of running through dirty alleys and back streets we reached the shack. The shack was small and made of bricks and had the appearance of something that was about to collapse, The windows were boarded up with wood and a couple of weeks before it would have seemed unlivable to a passer by.

 Both me and Dante walked up to the shack.

"You've got to be kidding" Dante muttered looking at the shack in disgust.

"What did you expect? The Ritz?" I said sarcastically.

Dante looked at me and rolled his eyes.

 "Well now that you mention it.." He chuckled to himself.

I Gave him a little punch on the arm and opened the door of the shack. There were candles lit and i could smell something cooking, I peered around the damp living room expecting one of the mentors to be sat keeping watching from the cracks in the boarded up windows, but nothing. was starting to feel anxious, Dante must have sensed this because he grasped my hand in his and gave me a small squeeze of reassurance.Suddenly the door flew open and a group of four hooded figures came rushing in, one of them pointing what appeared to be some sort of crafted wooden spear, Dante moved in front of me.

"We don't want any trouble." Dante started only to be interrupted.

"Ella? Dante?..Is it really you?!" One of the hooded figures laughed, it was a familiar laugh, Almost like..

"Luke?!" I whispered with anticipation.

The figure pulled the hood down and sure enough it was Luke. 

 Luke walked towards me and Dante dropping the spear and pulled us into a bear hug.

 "We thought you had been caught, the bell..it rang for a while, they only allow that when something is wrong" Luke exclaimed.

 The other hooded figures pulled their hoods down reveling their identities. They were all here, Seth, Emmett, Cecilia and..

"Elliot" I said staring at Luke.

 He shook his head.

"He didn't make it, They got him."

-----------------------------------------------