Chapter Twenty -Nine

~Sayd~

I was lying down with my back against the sand and my feet partially in the water. I loved this place, it took some warming up to at first but I got comfortable fast. I loved how quiet it was and how the sound of waves at night.

Being the social butterfly Mera was she instantly got comfortable with the place. By day two she already made a few friends and had some of them over. She's asked me to come along for a few outings and I did and tried not to be awkward while at it.

I spent so much time outside that I didn't realise I had fallen asleep until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Sayd? Hello," I opened my eyes and saw Alpha Enzo standing over me.

I got up quickly and sat up." I fell asleep, didn't I? " I asked rubbing the sand off my face.

"Yeah, you did," he extended his hand and helped me get up. " What were you doing out here anyway?"

"I was waiting for the stars to become visible," I said dusting the sand off my legs and shorts. " It's just a weird thing I like to do. "

"That's not weird at all," he said.

" I like to star gaze too from time to time."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Well that makes me feel normal," I said and he chuckled, his laugh and smile made him look boyish. The shirt and shorts he wore also added to it.

"Do you have any other plans for this evening?" he asked me.

"No, not really."

"That's great, my house is nearby. I usually set up a telescope outside and there's something cool happening today. Would you like to come with me?"

"I'd like that."

"Great, come on," he unexpectedly grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him.

A few minutes later we got to a house that looked like the one Mera and I were living in but only smaller and much more isolated. We didn't go inside the house but went to his garage instead.

"This is kind of like my getaway home," Enzo said pulling up the garage door. " Sometimes being Alpha wares me out. "

"It's nice and cosy," I commented.

" Thank you, it belonged to my parents. "he said." Wait here. "

He walked into the corner of the garage and picked up a white telescope along with some other parts. I walked with him to the sand and watched him as he placed it carefully down and pointed it at the open sky, he then adjusted one of the two knobs back and forth.

" There we go," he finally said. " Have a look."

I stepped behind the telescope and saw a big yellow disk, that was more bright than I had ever seen it. I could also make out its Galilean moons and its great red spot.

"I've never seen the cloud bands so visibly before," I said breath taken by how large the planet looked. " This is amazing alpha Enzo. "

"It's great isn't it, it's at it's closest it's ever been today, about 590 million kilometres away. "

"Well, I'm sure glad you ran into me today. "

" Yeah, me too," he said.

Enzo showed me a few more celestial bodies using his telescope and I was happy to know he could take pictures on it too, because I took pictures of everything. After he walked me home, I didn't realise how late it was until I finally took out my phone and saw it was almost 10 pm.