Chapter Five- Extinguished Fire

A/N

IGNORE HOW LATE THIS CHAPTER IS AND HOW SHORT IT IS

JUST THINK ABOUT HOW I MANAGED TO SPEEDRUN THIS SHIT IN AN HOUR AFTER PAINFUL WRITERS BLOCK AND WRIITNG AN ENTIRE RESEARCH PAPER AND A FUCKING FABLE FOR ENGLISH CLASS AND STUDYING FOR A MED TEST

Uhhhhhhhh, anyways, enjoy!!!!! <3 thank you for 270 KUDOS AND 4K HITS! I shall calm down now its really late and i need to study more but fanfic takes priority

sorry if bad my brain is operating at 144p quality atm

TWs:  amputation. and drugs (but they're Minecraft weakness potions)

 please proceed with caution!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But even the most fierce of infernos die out, leaving behind nothing but the pathetic remaints of its violence.

Tommy felt the world warp around him, everything shifting into a meld of colors and swirling lights until he couldn't differentiate up from down. His head hurt. His arms were numb. His legs felt cemented into the soft fabric of the bed, impossible to move from their feeble position.

He blinked rapidly, crust lingering around his eyes. He was barely able to catch sight of the charred skin that molded his limbs, stretching like the beautiful mark of a wither rose, but rather than veins filled with roots he only had ash and smoke. Black had completely enveloped his hand, the once pale skin seemingly vanished beneath the heat.

The sight, upon being more awake, would have filled with fear.

But he was too tired to care. How could he, when it felt like his entire body was unresponsive?

He didn't notice the two men sitting beside him until one of their hands pressed over his eyes, willing them to force shut. The touch was foreign, not like Wilbur, who had strangely become the only constant within this strange new reality. This one was more rough, the type of roughness only gained through calluses and strength.

He attempted to scoot away, but his leg dragged with every inch, igniting a spark of irritation through the burned skin.

The hand pressed more firmly down, another moving to lift up his arm. Tommy could only faintly register it from the heavy numbness that covered his skin like honey.

"Don't move, little one," the unfamiliar voice said, deep and monotone. (Distantly, a piece of his mind thought it sounded familiar, as though it had appeared in a dream.) "The spell should be numbing the worst of the pain while you heal. But I still wouldn't recommend agitating the burns."

Tommy, distantly, nodded.

He didn't want to disagree. He wanted the numbness to go away. He wanted to see what was going on around him.

His free hand swatted at the hand over his eyes, but another hand caught it.

Wilbur.

"What did he just tell you, witchling?" tsked the melodic tone, his palms pressing over his hands and tracing the knuckles. The touch was comforting and familiar, unlike the other man that was invading his goddamn space.

"The weakness put it him pretty out of it," the monotone observed. Tommy heard the sound of scrapping, like metal against wood, and a sudden increase on the grip of his arm. "Did you double his dosage?"

"Enough so that he shouldn't remember any of this once he's healed."

A scoff. "Are you trying to make him despise you?"