His Mark

I've walked the streets of my tiny town thousands of time, but this time it was different. People were preparing for the gathering of all the packs. The gathering consisted of eight other packs in our state coming down to the selected pack area and camping out for three weeks. Tomorrow everyone would be arriving and settling into the usually unused pack house. Usually during the gathering the hostess would have a fair for the first week, so rides were being set up in the fields.

Mainly the gathering is to help the 'of age' wolves to find their mates, but people use it to see family too. This year I was amongst that group of wolves and to say I was excited was an understatement. I was beyond excited, but also kind of sad cause meeting my mate would mean moving to their pack and leaving all of my family and friends behind.

"Anna!" someone yelled, turning around I saw my best friend, Alex, running towards me.

"Hey!" I said when she finally reached me.

"Are you excited for tomorrow?" Alex asked.

"Alex it's not like we're going to immediately find him tomorrow, hon. It takes a few days." I told her, even though she wasn't listening to me.

We walked together all the way to my house while she rambled on and on about her dream guy and what we looked like. Blah, blah, blah.

Once we reached my house I said a quick bye and headed inside. Deciding a nap sounded good I headed up to my room, but when I got there it wasn't my room anymore.

"MOM!" I yelled running down the stairs. "where is my stuff and what happened to my room!?"

"We decided that you're going to be staying in the pack house along with all the others." My mother said not even looking up from the television.

"You couldn't even mention it to me?" I asked, "or let me pack my own stuff."

"Your father and I thought you'd argue with us, so we packed everything ourselves. Your staying in room 326. Love you!" She yelled as I walked out of the house.

I slammed the door on my way out, to get a little of my anger out, and hopped in my car. I wasn't surprised to find Alex in the passenger seat.

"You knew didn't you?" I asked her as I backed out of my parents driveway.

"Yeah, your parents called my parents and you know how that goes." I did. Whenever one of our parents was going to do something they'd call the other ones parents and discuss it.

"Well, if anyone stops me from taking my nap you can bet BOTH your parents and mine will hear about it." I tell her as we pull into the drive way.

"Hey, who's car is that?" Alex asked "Do you think that someone's already arrived!?"

I swear that girl gets too excited about things.

"Why don't you ask someone inside, since I just got here too!" I told her before heading inside.

"HEY WHO'S CAR IS THAT OUTSIDE!?" Did she really have to yell?

"Some guy from one of the visiting packs was sent a day early by his alpha." Mike, the beta, explained. "Oh, and please don't yell it might upset our guest. I must warn you girls that James has very little control over his wolf and gets angered easily, so I suggest you stay away from him."

I just nodded my head and went to find my room. I had to ask a couple of people where my room would be, but finally I found the hallway it was in. The first door was 320 so my room was six doors down.

Stepping into the room I noticed my suitcase full of clothes and two boxes with my stuff in it, other than that there was only a bed and a dresser. The room had a small closet and its own bathroom, but there was a third door. Wondering where it led to I opened it only to see another door, but it had no handle. It was like one of those hotel rooms where you could share the rooms or have one room to yourself. Lightly, I tapped on the door and waited. After a couple of seconds when the door didn't open I figured the other room was empty. Instead of closing the door on my side I left it open and laid down for my nap. Not even seconds later I heard a creak, it was the other door opening! I got off the bed and moved in front of the door, but nobody was there and the lights in the other room were off. I went to walk into the room, but only made a step into it before bumping into someone. Whoever I bumped into grabbed my arms to steady me. Thats when i felt it, the sparks, that only meant one thing. He was my mate. I found myself leaning into whoever he was, my arms moving to be around his waist. I wish the light was on so I could see his face. Deciding I needed I see him, I pulled out of his hold and went to search for the light, but before I could even turn around his arms were pulling me back into him and his teeth sinking into the marking spot.

Several of my already mated friends have tried to explain the feeling they experienced when they were marked, but nothing the said was even close to what i was feeling. After a few seconds he pulled away and i felt his worry. He had thought I was leaving him and he was worried that I'd be mad that he marked me.

"I only wanted to turn the light on." I told him, grabbing his hand so he didn't move farther away.

"I'm sorry I marked you, as you've probably heard I have a hard time controling my wolf." He said. He must be James.

"Do you regret it?" I asked, the thought of him regreting it caused me to let go of his hand. I don't know what I'd do if he regretted it.

"No, I would never regret it, it's just.. I had hoped to make it more special for you" he said wrapping his arms around me.

"It was special, you and your wolf accepted my wolf and I as your mates, plus I'd rather everyone that arrives tomorrow know that I'm yours." Even though the light was off I still saw him smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a honest opinion, Is it good or no? And could some one criticize this? I'd really love an honest opinion about my writing. Thanks!(: