Chapter 3 - Chen

My head was throbbing.

When I opened my eyes, the lights blinded me. The brightness of the lights was something a person never forgets. I was in the hospital... Again.

" No.... I..... No." I thought, trying to sit up.

I failed, this can't be happening right now. I failed my mission, I failed them all. I looked around, observing my surroundings, the time on the clock saying it was 12:24. Ok, I needed to get out of here right now. I started to remove the wires from my body, leaving the IVs for last. I quickly moved over to the side of the room where a bag with my clothes was laying, grabbing the bag from the closet I moved towards the bathroom to quickly change into regular clothes.

Once I was all changed I picked up my pace, leaning my head out the door of the room to check in the hallway for anyone, keeping in mind where all of the security cameras that I could see were. Messing with my hair I headed out, keeping my head low as I walked past the other people around her.

I knew that there were most likely going to be cops around the hospital as the hospital had most likely contacted the police when I arrived at the hospital. What I didn't expect was for it to be people from the precinct, most of them were in the waiting room. I didn't have much time to get out of here easily, the doctors or nurses had most likely noticed the monitors had shown no pulse for my room, aswell as the IVs being disconnected. The didn't matter, I needed to get back home, there would be some detectives coming to my room to question me at any second.

I got out, walking away from the hospital towards the sidewalk. Taking out the burner phone I dialed the number, waiting for the person on the other end to pick up. I kept walking and walking, semi blending into the group of people now. The phone was answered after 4 rings.

" Hello?" The voice said.

" Hey it's me, just checking in, is everything ok over there?" I asked, messing with the bottom of my shirt as I waited for an answer, which didn't take long.

" Everythings going great here. How are you doing?"

" That's great to hear thank you, I'm doing alright, and I should be back home within the hour, say hi from me please." I said, smiling before hanging the phone up and putting it back into the pocket of my pants.

I turned around for a second, watching as some officers came running out of the ambulance bay of the hospital, the doors shutting behind them. I didn't have anymore time to sit around, they found my room empty quicker than I had originally planned for and now the hospital is on lockdown. That didn't matter, I still had a mission I needed to continue, a mission which is time sensitive.

" Goodbye" I whispered, walking quickly through the streets, heading off towards where the safe house was located.

The mission on shaw was probably busted now, and the cops were on it now. I had practically given them all of the stuff they would need to make a solid case against shaw and his crew. It was out of my hands at this point.

I turned a few corners, making sure no body was following me before I used the extra key to get inside the house, Locking it up behind me. I was exhausted, luckily I wasn't in the hospital for super long.

" Hey Gabi, how's your family doing?" I asked when I got into the kitchen to grab a cup of water.

" They are doing really good hon, thank you for asking. " She said, moving towards the fridge. " Is there something I can get you?"

" Nope, thank you Gabi. I'll be upstairs if you need anything, have a good day." I responded, waving bye to her before heading upstairs. " Now where are the munchkins? " I said loudly, little laughters being heard in a near by room.

When I walked into the room, the smile on my face grew bigger as I looked at Aria and Lia playing with the doll house, Jack was passed out on his bed, and Sam was watching a show on the TV.  " Your home!" Sam yelled, running over to me and giving me a huge hug, the others not far behind.

" Did you guys have a good day?" I asked once they released me from the hug.

The kids started to talk about what they did that day with the babysitter. I was so glad to be home and see the kids, but it was getting late out, and it was time to get the kids to sleep. I guided Sam and Aria to the bathroom to get around for bed before I brought them to there rooms " Mama can you sleep with me tonight?" Aria asked as I was getting her tucked into bed. " Sure I'll stay with you, I've got to say goodnight to your brother then I'll be right in to cuddle with you honey."

I followed up on my deal, saying goodnight to Sam before cuddling with aria, which Sam wanted to join in on. " Sleepover time I guess, night kids I love you. "

I couldn't get over much there faces looked like Tim in the moment. We all drifted off to sleep soon after one episode of some kids show they were watching as they waited.

" Goodnight Sam, goodnight Aria, sleep well."