Chapter 1: A Matter of Time!

Chapter 1
A MATTER OF TIME!

How Long is a God day?

Genesis 1
New International Version (NIV)
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

As you can see from the above bible text it was not until the 4th day that God made the sun and the moon. Our night and day are based on sunlight, a 24 hour period, while God’s day is not based on the sun as the sun was not there for the first 3 God days of creation.

Genesis 2
New King James Version (NKJV)
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

Genesis 5:5
So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

Adam and Eve are told that in the day they eat of this tree they would die but they did not and lived hundreds of years later. Obviously there is a difference in what God calls a day and what Man calls a day as Adam lived to be almost 1000 years old.

Psalm 90:4
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 For a thousand years in Your sight
Are like yesterday when it is past,
And like a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 But, beloved,
do not forget this one thing,
that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years,
and a thousand years as one day.

A God day seems to be 1000 years of Man’s days and this is what we need to know so that we can work out when Jesus will return!

*Note also that Adam did die in that God’s day that he ate of that fruit as he did not reach the 1000 years.

The significants of Jesus’ death and resurrection!

Luke 24:46
New King James Version (NKJV)
46 Then He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day

Mark 16:2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.

Very early on the third day Jesus was resurrected to life but the sins of Man were paid for us as soon as Jesus died so why did Jesus stay dead for 2 days and rise up on the third day? The reason was because Jesus was showing us how long before He would return. 2 Man days of being dead and then Jesus returned, 2 God days or 2000 years Jesus is away before Jesus’ returns back to us.

Hosea 6:2
New Century Version (NCV)
2 In two days he will put new life in us; on the third day he will raise us up so that we may live in his presence

So what is this new life that Jesus has put into His people for the 2 days He is away, these 2000 years that Jesus will be away from us?

Acts 1
New King James Version (NKJV)
4 And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; 5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”