Chapter Two - Shape Shifted

C H A P T E R   T W O

shape shifted

"Are you sure you guys have to lock me up? I mean, I feel like things are gonna be a lot easier tonight." Scott repeated optimistically for the third time.

Stiles rolled his eyes as the two of them headed down the hallway toward the locker room to get ready for their morning practice, tugging the strap of his backpack more firmly over his shoulder.

"Yeah.. I, uh- I'd love to believe you, Scott. But-"

"I'm serious." Scott insisted, "It's not like the last full moon. I don't feel the same."

"Oh? No wolfy urges?" Stiles started, "You're not feeling any urges to kiss your unbelievably attractive and now, might I remind you, ridiculously unavailable best friends?" He asked pointedly, wincing at the memory of Scott making out with Amber the month before.

"Are you describing Amber or yourself?" Scott asked, laughing at his own joke.

"I'm not going to respond to that. Because it wasn't funny." Stiles stated before continuing, "How about the urge to maim and kill people? Like your best friends?"

"I swear I don't have the urge to kiss and/or kill either you or Amber." Scott promised as they walked through the door into the locker room.

"Y'know, you say that now-" Stiles disagreed quietly, "But then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay?" He rambled off quickly, gesturing emphatically with his hands as they approached his locker, "And it's very stressful on me. So, yes. We're still going to be locking you up."

"Okay, fine," Scott conceded, leaning against the end of the lockers, "But I do think I'm more in control now. Especially since things are so good with Allison-"

Stiles' face pinched up in annoyance, "Yeah, I'm aware of how good things are with Allison."

"They're really good." Scott repeated suggestively.

"I- Thank you. I know." Stiles muttered.

Scott grinned and raised his eyebrows in insinuation, "I mean like.. Really good.."

"Alright! I get it!" Stiles snapped, "Just, please- Shut the hell up before I get the urge to maim and kill myself."

Scott looked at his best friend in amusement, "Why're you so bitter, anyway? I texted Amber last night. So I know you were planning on sleeping at her place. Alone.." He hinted, "I mean, didn't you guys-"

"No, we didn't." Stiles told him, readjusting his backpack over his shoulder again agitatedly, "I- Which is fine. I've been in love with this girl for nine years. Waiting a little bit longer isn't gonna kill me, I just. It doesn't mean I don't want to. Really bad."

Stiles sighed as his mind unhelpfully supplied him with the same image he'd thought back to a million times in the last 12 hours — Amber, in nothing but the thin lace of her underwear, shivering, the muscles in her stomach clenched from the cold-

"-Like, all I think about doing every second of every day, bad." He rambled on, huffing angrily when his eyes caught on Scott's smug face again, "And it would just be a whole lot easier if I weren't listening to you brag about your incredible sex life, alright?"

"Okay, okay." Scott raised his hands in surrender and changed the topic, "Do you guys have something better than handcuffs for me this time?"

Stiles nodded and moved to pull his locker open, "Yeah, much better-"