Chapter 4: New Identity

As the summer camp drew to a close, Mr. Smith sat me down for a final briefing. "Hey Bryan," he said, "let me just brief you on your new identity. Your name is Heather Reid, you are the only child of your parents Marie and Jack Reid. You have moved from Arkansas and have no other family in Minnesota."

I nodded, taking it all in. This was it. I was about to leave camp and start a new life as a girl. It was exciting, but also terrifying.

The next day, I was given my new documents and sent on my way. As I boarded my flight home, I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease. Would my parents even recognise me as their son anymore?

As I walked up the driveway towards my house, my heart raced with anticipation. I was anxious about how my parents would react to my new appearance. When I reached the front door, I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, the door opened, My dad took a step forward and examined me closely. "Wow, they really did a good job," he said.

My older brother Darryl was there too, and he couldn't believe his eyes. "Bryan, is that you?" he asked, staring at me in disbelief.

I laughed nervously. "Well actually I'm obligated to say it's Heather now," I said, trying to play it cool.

Darryl grinned. "Well, you look great," he said, before teasing me in a playful manner. "Can't believe my little brother is now my little sister!"

We laughed, relieved to break the tension.

It was strange to be back home, but I quickly settled into my new life as Heather. My parents had been given an alibi, they were told to say that I was transferred as a part of an exchange programme.

My new house was right beside my old one, and I could visit my real parents anytime I wanted. But most of the time, I stayed in my girl house, surrounded by all the new clothes, makeup, and accessories that Mr. Smith had provided for me.

A few days after I had settled in, Mr. Smith came by to check in on me. "How are you adjusting?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"I'm doing okay," I replied, feeling a little lonely.

"Well, if you ever need anything, just let me know," he said, before handing me a credit card. "And here, use this to buy any new clothes or accessories for your girl self. It has a limit that resets monthly, so don't go too crazy."

As I woke up the next day, I was eager to explore my new identity. I wanted to know how convincing my transformation was, so I decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood. I opened my closet, searching for something to wear that would make me look like a girl.

It was all so new to me, picking out clothes that were feminine and flattering. I picked a purple tank top and some black sweatpants. I tried to make it look as natural as possible, so I wore a light layer of makeup and picked out some heels. I was still getting used to walking in them, but I figured it was a part of my new life.

As I got ready, my older brother Darryl walked in, asking what I was doing.

"I'm going out for a walk, Darryl. Can you drive me to the park?"

Darryl looked at me with annoyance, "Why can't you just walk there yourself?"

"I'm still getting used to walking in heels, and I don't want to fall and embarrass myself in front of the whole neighbourhood," I replied.

Darryl rolled his eyes, "Fine, but you owe me one."

I smiled, "Thanks, Darryl. You're the best!"

As we got into the car, Darryl grumbled, "I can't believe I'm doing this." I tried to make light of the situation, "Come on, Darryl. It's not like you have anything better to do."

Darryl scoffed, "I do have better things to do than drive my little brother around like a chauffeur."

I ignored his comment and looked out the window as we drove to the park. I was excited to see how convincing my transformation was, but also nervous about what people might say or think.

As we arrived at the park, Darryl said, "Alright, I'll pick you up in two hours. Don't get into any trouble."

I nodded, "Thanks, Darryl. I'll be careful."