𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 

josie: i was so excited to go to california. (laughs) i mean that night after the gig i started packing my bag. i wanted out of pittsburgh

warren: i remember the smile on her face when we were riding home from the gig that night. for the first time in a long time, she was... happy. i'll tell you what, that's a beautiful look on her (softly smiles)

graham: hazelwood was a small town. everyone knew everyone's business, but l.a.? l.a. is huge and full of opportunities. that excited us (stammers) it gave us hope

eddie: everyone was excited, ready to leave, but we were missing someone

billy: i wanted camila to come with us, but she said, uh, she said no

josie: can you blame the girl? she would've known as the girl who followed her rockstar boyfriend around. she's too damn smart and independent to be known as that

I: so why did you end up going?

camila: (sighs) lets say bee has a way with words

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

josie walks into her closet while dancing to the song "won't get fooled again" by the who. she looks at her clothes and groans. she puts her cigarette in her mouth and grabs a handful of clothes and brings them to her bed.

she was finally home alone and was able to jam out and pack peacefully. she blows some smoke out of her mouth and continues to dance around her room, not even focused on packing anymore. what she didn't know a certain someone was watching her.

"jo" camila says, but josie's music was so loud that she didn't hear her. camila lets out a small laugh.

"jo"

"josie"

"josephina!"

josie finally hears camila and turns her head. she smiles big once she sees the girl. she gasps. and rushes to turn the music down and burns out her cigarette. she rushes over to hug her.

"cami! you've got to help me pick out clothes for california. all the clothes i have are so dull. god you know i really need to go shopping. hey! why don't we go together?-" josie starts to ramble looking through the pile of clothes she set on her bed.

"i'm not going, bee" camila says quietly. josie stops what she's doing and turns to face the girl who she loved like a sister. she scoffed in disbelief.