Sleep/Warmth

Two weeks later...

___

I couldn't sleep.

It was a cold night, and I was tossing and turning on the couch.

Jack, Miko, and Raph had already left the base, and everyone was in self-induced stasis. Well, except for one.

I groaned with frustration, turning my head on my pillow once more.

Everything that had went on plagued my mind. I couldn't ignore it.

Since Prime went back to normal, there was something weird about him.

He invited me with him more often, he openly sang songs with me and one time, we both even sang together while in the company of the other Autobots, including when our new recruit, Wheeljack, would check in.

'I know he doesn't remember anything.

But why is he embracing, encouraging even, my presence alongside him now?

Nothing's changed, has it?'

...So, what happened last night.

It was freezing cold, and he invited me to sleep next to him. And I did.

'I don't know.'

He said if I needed company tonight, I could rest next to him again.

I abruptly sat up from the couch.

'Yes. I think, I may get him to remember something. Then maybe.. maybe he still...'

I sighed, pulling the covers off of me.

'Why am I so lovesick for him now?'

I took my pillow and blanket, walking out of the room.

I walked to Optimus' chamber, thinking over what I was planning to do. I placed my hand on the door, and it opened for me.

Optimus was sitting on his stasis slab, thinking about something. He heard the noise and looked over to the door, seeing me.

I couldn't see it, but he lightly smiled at my presence. "You need company again?"

I nodded slowly. "hm-nm."

I walked over to his stasis slab, the sounds of my footsteps being the only nosie that was permeating the air.

He reached a servo down to me, and I sat down so he could lift me up. He placed me down on the top part of the slab, and layed down. I put my pillow and blanket down, and sat down on the slab. Optimus watched me do so.

It was quiet.

I pulled the blanket over my legs, and for a minute, I was silent.

"You don't remember anything?"

He didn't think much of the question. "No. Apologetically, I don't."

I was silent for another moment.

"Does it bother you?"

"What?" He turned his helm to me, unsure if I was asking about his memory.

I began. "Does being called Orion bother you?"

"I-"

I interrupted him, turning my head to look at him. "Does it?"

Optimus took a short second to respond. ".. Orion was gullible."

"See there?" I pointed out. "You refered the name to someone else."

"What are you trying to say (y/n)?" Optimus was genuinely questioning what I was getting at.