Chapter 8:A Mysterious Shadow

This is the... Lost world?! So the legends were true after all! And It is greatly shrouded by an evil aura that we can totally sense it everywhere. It's so dark, I can't see very clearly. The fog is building up around us too.

"Everyone! Get to your assigned positions immediately!" Lucia-sensei commanded as we did exactly what she said.

I began to bring out the chemicals from my small bag but I noticed everyone was staring at me. I sighed softly as I gazed up at them, did I do something wrong? Then I heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind me...

"Ma'am, the monsters are here! It seems like they came from the wrong direction. They're trying to strike us from the back!"

"Everyone! Get away from there!"

The main team shielded us as we ran away from the monsters.

After that, I spotted some monsters appearing one by one on the front lines! They're all about to attack us coming from both directions! This is not what Lucia-sensei predicted.
We can't help but panic and because of that, it caused a lot of ruckus. We were ambushed. And we can't just force the portal to open again. It will cause a lot of strain in the caster's body after all.

"There's no time to waste. We've gotta make sure we don't get caught in the cross fire!" Mira-sensei commanded us to run for the mean time and let the special agency trap them first before chanting a spell.

Mia together with everyone in the agency, began to transform. Their appearances slowly changed and without a doubt, they looked really powerful. They expertly fought the monsters and then started to lure them to the chemical department's traps.

Wow! They're amazing! Mia is using the ground as her weapon to strike her enemies. Their powers are from different elements I see. Seiji is the complete opposite of Arren. He is using ice magic while Arren uses fire.

(Roar!!!)

One of the monsters passed the attack team who were shielding us from behind. Then it ran towards me! I tried to run from it and hid at a nearby tree. I thought that if I hide there, the monster would eventually go after the others from the front lines. The main team can handle it of course. But I was completely wrong.

"Monster!" One of my classmates ran behind it but the monster didn't care to look at him at all.

It seems like he wants to search for me that badly. That creature...Is actually after me! But why only me? I didn't even try to fight it. Now it's sniffing everywhere, attempting to find me. In this situation, it wouldn't be too long until it finds me. No...please someone help me! I can't die just yet, I still have many things to do in this world!

"Ex Somno Exsistat Exurens Salamandra Inimicum Involvat Igne! Captus Flammeus!"
The monster found me but before it could hit me, someone suddenly shouted.

(Let the Blazing Salamander Appear and Cover the Enemy with Fire! Fiery Captor!)

A rope entirely covered by fire rushed out of nowhere and strangled the monster down.
The monster was defeated with a blink of an eye. It disappeared without a single trace of its existence. The one who casted it slowly walked towards me.

"Who are you!?" I was panicking.

"What, you don't know me anymore? Is that what I get from saving you?"

It was dark and I can't clearly see him. I was dreadfully dominated by fear as the distance between us decreases. But the moment he walked out from the shadows, I realized that he was Arren!