𝐝𝐞𝐮𝐱.

"so are we going to talk, or are you going to continue to give me the silent treatment?"

jeongguk was livid. taehyung had been hiding something that he promised to stop. he had been skipping his meals again.

"i don't k-know what to say.."

taehyung's eyes were on the ground as he continued to bite his lip until, it nearly bled. jeongguk's eyes were on him like a hawk. he felt naked, and even though he's been so vulnerable with jeongguk; this disorder felt too personal.

"have you been still seeing seokjin? because tae i swear if i find out you've been skip-"

" i haven't! i go every week, and you drop me off each time. if i didn't you would know" taehyung whispers, so quiet that if jeongguk's eyes weren't on him like a hawk, he'd barely even hear.

jeongguk softens his eyes and reaches out to taehyung to pull him in his lap. taehyung automatically places his head under jeongguk's neck and inhales his cologne. he begins to cry, and each tear came faster than the previous, until he slowly began to sob.

"i'm sorry ggukie, it's just you've been away on that business trip and jimin was with yoongi. i was all by myself a-and i missed you so much. i didn't mean to.. it j-just h-happened"

taehyung continued crying as jeongguk kissed his head and softly stroked his hair. jeongguk understood that loneliness could be tough for taehyung sometimes. he grew up with negligent parents.

when they first started dating, he'd always ask taehyung if his parents knew that he was out this late but, he'd always respond with "they aren't even home" or a "they don't care- i think". it continued on until he heard a knock on his door. it was pouring outside and the only person who could reach this level of the condo were people that he allowed on his list.

thinking it was one of his friends, he opened the door. to his surprise, it was taehyung. his hair was damp, he had a small backpack on. and he was holding a fish bowl, with a tiny goldfish swimming around.

jeongguk was surprised to see taehyung standing at his doorstep, especially with a fish bowl in his hand. "what are you doing here, tae?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

taehyung looked up at jeongguk with big, watery eyes. "c-can I come in?" he asked, his voice trembling.

jeongguk nodded, and stepped aside to let taehyung in. taehyung walked in, his eyes scanning the room. "your place is really nice," he said, a hint of awe in his voice.

jeongguk smiled. "thanks, tae. what's with the fish bowl?"

taehyung looked down at the fish bowl, and a small smile appeared on his face. "i won this at the fair," he said. "i was going to give it to you, but I didn't know if you wanted a fish in your house."

jeongguk chuckled. "of course i want a fish, tae. thank you."

taehyung's smile widened, and he handed jeongguk the fish bowl. "i named him sunny," he said.

jeongguk peered into the bowl and saw the tiny goldfish swimming around. "he's cute," he said.

taehyung beamed. "i'm glad you like him."

jeongguk put the fish bowl on the coffee table and sat down on the couch. taehyung sat down next to him, and they sat in silence for a few moments.

finally, taehyung spoke up. "i had a fight with my parents," he said. "they said i was useless, and a waste of their time."

jeongguk frowned. "that's not okay, tae. you sdeserve better, my love."

taehyung nodded. "i know, but it's hard when the people you love don't love you back."

jeongguk put his arm around taehyung's shoulders. "i love you, tae," he said. "more than anything. how about you stay with me? we were planning on moving in together either way."

taehyung leaned his head on jeongguk's shoulder. "thanks, ggukie," he said softly.

jeongguk held taehyung close, feeling a rush of affection for the boy in his arms. he knew that taehyung wanted to say more, but he was entering a headspace where words were a little difficult. it didn't matter to him though, because he knew he'd be there for him through thick and thin.

as they sat there, with sunny swimming contentedly in his bowl, jeongguk knew that he had found someone special in taehyung. someone he could love and cherish, through all the ups and downs of life.

𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝.

i barely edited this, but it's been three years. lol hi.