4. We need him alive

Thirteen's POV

In all honesty, poker bores me to no end. I mean come on it's not that hard to look at the other players and figure out their cards just by their facial expressions. I don't know why this game is considered fun, but then again that's my opinion. Of course, I was also winning so that could be another reason I hate this game, it's just too easy, though I might just be playing against the suckiest people in the world. Suckiest, is that even a word? Oh well.

"Flush, ace high," Alexander speaks up after the cards have been dealt. Over the past two hours of sitting here I had come to learn a lot about this guy aka Alexander, one major thing being, he had a thing for women. I have a feeling none of his past 'relationships' went well, for the girl.

I internally smirk before I speak up "Four of a kind." A chorus of 'I quits' echo around the table. Not surprising really, considering this was like the eighth set of people we had been playing with. He seemed to refuse to leave and I was becoming more and more convinced he wanted something other than money, but that's just me. At this point I don't think he even realized how much money he had lost.

"I like a woman who knows how to play her cards." He whisperers as he places his hand on my thigh. I turn to him with the same stone cold expression I've been using since I got here.

"I don't like you," I state simply while roughly grabbing his hand and removing it from my leg. Sorry dude but I have a strict no you, policy. Besides I was technically supposed to be stealing all his money anyway, maybe if I just grabbed it and ran off he'd finally wake up. I was getting closer and closer to slipping something in his drink, but the voices in my ear continuously reminded me we needed to speak to him while he was still breathing. So killing him was not an option...yet.

My fist clenches as he leans other his hot and smelly breath fanning over my face as he begins to whisper to me all his perverted thoughts that I would rather not hear.

"Thirteen we need him alive." Chase's voice sounds off in my ear jolting me out of my thoughts.

"He's pushing his luck," I mutter quietly through gritted teeth. "He does one more thing and you'll be trying to get answers out of a corpse."

"Calm down."

"Yeah that'll happen when I cut off both his hands and jab a knife through his vocal cords." I hear Devin laugh loudly through the earpiece in response to my statement, and Chase, knowing full well I mean it, has finally graced me with his silence. Cody though has not.

"What part of we need him alive do you clearly not understand?"

"All of it," I answer back honestly. Seriously between this guy and Cody my attention span and ability to listen have gone out the window.

"Both of you knock it off," Chase interjects before this turns into the third argument that I'd win.

"I'm sorry I thought I was in charge," I say sweetly and he groans.

"You're going to keep throwing that in my face for everything aren't you?"

"I would say no but that'd be a lie." Honestly, he may think I'm used to giving orders and I kind of am but not to people I don't get along with. I mean that's like trying to tell a dog with rabies to sit and stay in an amusement park, does not work. How do I know? I had a friend who tried it...brilliant idea, it'll only put sixty-two people in the hospital (mind you this was a small amusement park), and close down the park with people still in it to catch the dog, not mention all the people who were terrorized and never came back to the park ever again, yeah real smart. So basically there are two things you can learn from this;