INTRODUCTION

Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month!For those of you who may not know what AAPI Heritage Month is, it is an annual celebration dedicated to celebrate the contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States

For those of you who may not know what AAPI Heritage Month is, it is an annual celebration dedicated to celebrate the contributions of Asians and Pacific Islanders in the United States. AAPI is a broad term, but includes native Hawaiians, all countries in Asia, and the Pacific Islands of Melanesia (includes New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Fiji and the Solomon Island), Micronesia (includes Marianas, Guam, Wake Island, Palau, Marshall Islands, Kiribati, Nauru and the Federated States of Micronesia) and Polynesia (includes New Zealand, Hawaiian Islands, Rotuma, Midway Islands, Samoa, American Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, French Polynesia and Easter Island).

AAPI is observed from May 1st to May 31st every year, but can, and should, be recognized past the month of May. To help bring attention to this important time, we have created a fun contest with activities for you to work on throughout the month to learn more about these cultures, but to also highlight Asian and Pacific Islander voices on Wattpad.

This contest was made possible with the help of the following profiles:

@WattpadAsianFiction (host)
@WattpadAsianFantasy (host)
@WattpadFusion (host)
@WattpadMulticultural (host)
@AmbassadorsBengali
@AmbassadorsCN
@AmbassadorsIN
@AmbassadorsJP
@AmbassadorsLK

@AmbassadorsTH
@anime
@Fright
@mythandlegend
@Retold
@WattpadDarkFantasy

@WattpadFantasyPH
@WattpadPotterverse

@YARomance

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest, that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering. We are not obliged to give any feedback relating to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges, will not be tolerated.