Chapter 1

Dewey was in his trailer sitting on the couch watching a movie with his son, who was now seventeen, about to turn eighteen.

Turns out that the stab Jill gave him only damaged his appendix. This led to emergency surgery to prevent an infection called peritonitis from spreading through his abdomen.

The doctors had to remove the appendix and clean out the abdominal cavity.

Once they did that, they concentrated on treating the stab wound, which luckily just hit the appendix.

If he saw the bright side, Jill did him a favor by stabbing him.

With no appendix, it was impossible for him to get appendicitis, which is a blockage in the lining of the appendix that results in infection. This causes bacteria to multiply rapidly and cause the appendix to become inflamed, swollen, and filled with pus. If it is not treated immediately, the appendix will rupture, putting the person's life at risk.

That was the only good thing that came to mind when he remembered that night. That and that now he had two more scars, one on the lower right side of his back and the other where the appendix would be.

On the small table in front of the sofa was an empty pizza box along with a bottle of water and a can of beer.

Gale was not with them due to her and Dewey's divorce two years after the last events of Ghostface.

Because of this, Nathan lived both in Woodsboro with his father and in New York with his mother. What he did was stay with one for two weeks and then take a bus that would take him to where the other lived and repeat the process over and over again over the years.

This made his education, which he took in Woodsboro, different from that of others. He attended school in person for two weeks and when he was absent he had to ask for the contents that were explained and carry out the tasks that the teacher left.

This didn't really bother him. He could finish faster and have plenty of time to mess around, something that when he was in the classroom he couldn't do so freely.

Gale had written a few books based on Ghostface attacks and was now hosting a TV show called 'Good Morning'.

On the other hand, Dewey left his position as Sheriff to Judy and now he was just another policeman, but he was still respected by his peers.

The divorce affected him more than he could imagine, but he forced himself not to ruin his life and to stay stable for his son.

"Is it me or this movie sucks?" Dewey asked without taking his eyes off the screen.

"Don't ask me. You were the one who chose it." The younger said resting his feet on the table.

"I remembered it better than it really is." He defended himself justifying his choice.

"Well, apparently you have a bad memory." He teased vaguely as he rested his head on his arm.

"You tired? We can leave it here if you want." He asked turning to see his son.

"No, but this thing you call a movie makes me want to be." He responded causing his father to let out a small laugh.

"Okay, okay, I got it." He said taking control of the TV and changing the channel in search of something interesting to watch.

As this was happening, Nathan felt his cell phone vibrate from his pants pocket.

He take it and saw that a friend of his named Noah Loughty had messaged him.

~ • ~

𝙽𝚘𝚊𝚑 𝙻𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚢