Chapter 6

Cookie: Here's chappy 6. Don't forget to VOTE/COMMENT! :)

---------------------

"I think I'm in big trouble, Stace."

"Why don't you just tell him about your feelings?"

"Tell who?"

"Adrian."

I sat up from my bed and stared at my best friend, Stace Campbell. I haven't known her as long has Ginny but we were still close. Almost like sisters so it was Stace whom I trusted to tell my problems to. Ginny was a great friend but she sucked at giving advice or keeping secrets. Also, Stace was way more perceptive.

"Tell him about my feelings?"

Stace's eyes narrowed. "Come on, Mika, who are you fooling? It's obvious that you're in love with the guy."

"No I'm not." I knew that I sounded childish.

"You've been talking about him non-stop since you called me over here."

"That doesn't prove anything."

"I think it does. If you were really against the thought of you being in love with Adrian then you would have been way more hystarical. You would have told your parents."

"I still can."

"But you haven't, now have you?"

I looked at carpet, trying to avoid her knowing eyes. "If I told, this would just create a big mess. Mom is happy for the first time in a long time. I don't want to mess things up for her."

"I would agree with you if that was really the case."

I looked at her then, frowning. "What are you talking about?"

Stace crossed her arms. "Well, isn't the real reason that you're not saying anything is because you really don't mind what Adrian is doing? Somewhere in you, theres that thought that you want him to chase you. You like it."

"You're not making any sense, Stace," I stood and backed away from the bed. "Adrian is my brother..."

"Step brother," Stace corrected. What was up with people pointing that out? "I honestly don't see anything wrong with it."

"You don't think that it's wrong for us to be together?"

"No."

I shook my head. "Stace, are you listening to yourself? Adrian and I cant be together, it isn't right."

"What's not right about it?"

"Well, for starters, even though we're step-siblings, we are family."

"Not by blood."

"Yes, but in the eyes of the law, we are."

Stace rolled her eyes. "Mika, don't be stupid. Yeah, you're mom married his dad so technically you are family, but thats only by name."

"It's a sin"

Stace snorted at that. "Mika, don't you think you're being dramatic? I think you're just trying to find a way out, an excuse to escape your feelings for Adrian. In other words you're in major denial."

Was I? The more Stace spoke, the more her words were getting through to me. Who was I fooling? I was in love with Adrian. But what than? It still wouldn't change anything. The end would be the same. I would hurt my family.

"You're thinking too much," Stace snapped me from my thoughts. "You won't know what will happen unless you face this yourself."

"I'll hurt everyone," I whispered. "I'd hurt my Mom, my dad...everyone."

"Would you?"

I looked at her.

"Well," she shrugged. "Would they really mind? What reason would they have to keep you and Adrian apart aside of him being your step-brother."

"I see that as a big reason."

"I don't think it is but hey, that's just me right?"

I sat on the bed, defeated. "What am I going to do?"

"Tell Adrian how you feel."

"I can't."

"Just take it a step at a time, Mika. No one said that you have to rush things."

I was scared. Scared of what others would think if they were to find out my forbidden feelings. What Stace was saying was right, but not everyone would have her views. I can't risk being selfish and hurting my loved ones.

"It's really up to you," Stace tucked herself under the covers. "If you live your life in fear, you'd never accomplish anything. You'd always be wondering 'what if'."

We didn't speak to each other after that. Stace turned off the lights and faced her back to me. She was right as always of course, but can you blame me for being afraid? I don't want to be looked down by others, I don't want to hurt my mom. But if I didn't face my feelings, I would be hurting Adrian as well. All I wanted was to have a happy family with my mother...so why did it turn out this way?