𝟏𝟏

𝗢𝗠𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧

Ivy Marlene
📍Bronx, New York: 2020

"But we're not doing nothing!"  Ivy's frantic voice sounded through the increasing number of  sirens that surrounded the pair

"But we're not doing nothing!" Ivy's frantic voice sounded through the increasing number of sirens that surrounded the pair.

"Freeze! Do not move and drop the box!"

Her father stuck his hand out in front of the girl in attempt to calm her and dropped the box he had in hand. The only logical thing he thought of doing was complying as the two guns that aimed towards them looked old yet they worked.

Ivy began to panic and shake, afraid that anything she did would of been enough to trigger them.

"Step away from the box!" An officer yelled.

The two did so, as her father grew irritated at the panic they caused her daughter.

"Okay put the guns down." He slowly lowered his hands which prompted a third gun to be aimed at him. "You man put the fucking guns down!"

"We will not ask you again, do not move!"

Instinctively, Ivy's father once reached in front of his to pull his daughter closer, unfortunately it looked different from the officer's perspective.

Suddenly a shot went off aiming right for her father, piercing his chest. It appeared as if he was reaching for his box again and the officer couldn't take any chances.

Ivy watched in horror as her dad who once stood comforting her dropped, covered is a rapidly increasing pool of his own blood.

She let out a blood curdling scream and dropped to her knees beside her dad "DAD!" The girl began howling and sobbing for all the neighbourhood to hear; the type of thing she'd see in a nightmare, happened right in front of her.

She watched the life disappear from his eyes as the seconds passed, he used the last bit of energy he had to look his daughter in the eye.

The police officers ran towards the crying girl to remove her from the scene as her father summoned enough strength to speak.

"Go..."

"NO! GET UP!"

"G... Ivy."

"Dad talk to me." The girl now couldn't even feel the downpour of tears that ran down her face.

"Go Ivy... I'm here," He reassured her "I love you always."

He now struggled to focus his gaze on his daughter as his breathing came to a slow stop. Ivy removed her hoodie, pressing it down on his chest to stop him losing more blood.