Chapter 1

"Don't say I'm better off dead,

Cause heaven's full and hell won't have me."

Chapter 1

Faith's POV:

"The concert tickets ran out already?!" My best friend exclaimed in disbelief.

That phrase was the start of how we got into this mess. Right now, we were chained up into a line like we were going to get captured, which we were. My foot was chained to another girl's foot, and that other girl's foots was chained to another. And that other girl's foot was chained to the one in front of her. So on and so on.

It was a line of 10 and I was all the way in the back. My best friend was in the middle. The demon-like creatures lead us toward a large house and I knew that if I went in there, there would be no chance of escaping.

Luckily, my hands weren't chained. I dug into my bra and pulled out a knife, which I keep in there for protection. It wasn't big but it was enough to stab somebody. My feet were small so I pretended that the chain around my foot fits. I kept on dragging my chain until the demons behind me went and opened the gate to the building for us. I then slid my foot out of the chain and ran as quick as I could

I soon heard my best friend's feet behind me and I knew she was following me. "Alright, what's the plan?" Hazel said as we ran.

"We have to find a place to hide or they'll catch us," I reply. Soon we heard footsteps and shouting behind us. We were doomed.

After a few seconds, we were tackled to the ground. I struggled out of the grip and stabbed the large demon with my knife. The demon shrieked in pain and I pushed him off of me. I went to stab the demon holding Hazel but I saw other demons around her and running toward me.

"Leave me, Faith," Hazel shouts, "I'll be fine."

So, I ran away. No way was I going to leave her. If I told her that I was going to go back for her, then the demons would probably put extra watch on her. Plus, she knows I'm not that heartless to leave her. She is my best friend after all.

I heard the demons behind me chuckle and say "What a friend she is" and "Chase after her." I knew I couldn't outrun them so when I reached a bridge, I decided to jump. I wish I could say that that was a good idea but it wasn't.

For one thing, I can't swim. Another thing is that there are probably demons that can swim in there. When I jumped in the water, I quickly grabbed onto something that could float so I wouldn't drown. I moved my legs up and down to try to swim with the platform but couldn't. I had to get out of the water or else I'd probably get eaten.

Then, I felt something bite my leg. I cried out in pain. It was a demon. All I could think was that I was going to die. I shook my leg around to get the thing that was biting me off but it only sunk its teeth deeper. I put one of my hands that had the knife in the water and with all my might; I stabbed the thing that was biting me. I must have hit it somewhere where it hurts because it soon let go and it was gone.

The flow of the river I was in carried me down and I kicked my legs with it so that I can get somewhere. I tried to ignore the pain in my legs. I had to get out of the water or else some other demons might attack me. This was such a freaky place. I didn't even know hell had water. I thought it would be mostly full of fire and other red stuff.

The sky was pitch black and the water was a dark color. Everything else was a dark color except if you're a human and you just died.

After 10 minutes, I saw somebody sitting on the grass but he was too far away. "Hey, you!" I yelled. "Help!"