Chapter 2: Selena's Fears

As the bubble car made it's way through the air, Selena opened her interstellar Apod to contact the rest of the girls.

"Any luck?" Blossom asked.

"No." Selena replied "None of them are answering."

"Perhaps they're just busy at the moment." Blossom responded.

"I guess we'll see them at Alfea." Selena said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Is something bothering you Selena?" Blossom asked. She had noticed the worried expression on her best friend's face. "You sound upset."

"No, I'm alright." Selena replied.

Blossom gave her a questioning look.

"My grandfather....he's been severely ill since the beginning of the summer." Selena said "I don't know what to do."

Blossom sympathized with her best friend by giving her a hug.

"It'll be okay, Selena."

Although Solaria's best physicians had been called to tend to her grandfather's health, nothing seemed to work. Her grandfather's chills and coughs would come and pass at the most unexpected moments. Forever the optimist, Selena had tried to think positive thoughts and even prayed to the sun god for her grandfather's recovery. Selena feared that her grandfather would pass away in her absence. Even though she had approached her parents with the subject, they remained reluctant to spill all the details of her grandfather's condition. Selena had known that her parents did this primarily out of love. Perhaps, they too, had been aware of the change of circumstances that would occur with her grandfather's death.

As her eyes darted to the pink exterior of Alfea College, Selena pushed her fears aside. She knew she had to have hope. Hope would prevail above all.