Deck

(GABRIEL'S POV)
"You got your ass handed to you." I snickered giving a tissue to Kaspian for his burnt chin that was seeping out blood. Kaspian let out a faint sigh looking at me.

"Your kid isn't some normal kid." He muttered looking at the table. "Is there any point in me giving you a mock duel against you since your kid did defeat me?" He said jokingly trying to make himself feel better about losing.

It was to be expected that Liam would win against Kaspian. Sure Kaspian was experienced in battling all sorts of different Mana beasts, but he wasn't experienced in fighting other people too much. Liam was.

After all, Liam had been sent on missions by me to fight against Bandits giving him battle experiences and survival experiences that he would need but not hopefully use in war. Not only that he was good with teamwork having to work with Alea and Aya. He had a good battle IQ he was an all-rounder of a person. I'd say, he would be a perfect soldier better than a general.

"No, I wouldn't say so if you want to get humiliated." I placed my hand on his shoulder smirking at him.

He gave me a quick glance looking at Liam's details. "You know Gabriel there is a ban on elves and dwarves becoming licensed adventures under Spain law." He eyed me but reluctantly sighed. "But since I do owe you one from long ago. . . I'll accept it."

I patted him on the shoulder smiling at him. "I knew I could count on you."

He closed his book filled with details of everyone wanting to become an adventurer as he approached me.

"He'll find you, you know"

I was already aware of what Kaspian was talking about. He was talking about my older brother Blaine.

"That's why I have you to help me."

Kaspian sighed looking at me with more of a serious look on his face this time. "Look, Gabriel, I can only stall for so long. Blaine checks the registered adventures every once and a while and once he sees your first name he might get suspicious."

"And when that happens I'll deal with it." My voice was louder than before which made Kaspsian even startled me. I shook my head calming myself down.

"I'll do my best Gabriel you know this, I'll always help," Kaspian said in earnest.

Ever since young Kaspian was a great friend. A loyal friend at that. We would always enjoy each other's company and laugh in delight at what was to come. So I knew I could trust him to do his best to protect my identity for a little while longer.

The last person I wanted to see was Blaine. I had bigger priorities like spending time with Liam on his journey to becoming an adventurer that would not change.

"Good man." I nodded at him.

"Before I forget anything wait there for a moment." He went to his cupboard to dig up something for a couple of minutes. He had grabbed a card and handed it over to me.

"Congratulations on becoming an AA class adventurer. I hope you have a good time." We shook hands. A moment of respect from one another reunited with an old friend of mine.

He then gestured me out of his room leaving me with his goodbyes.

(LIAM'S POV)
"Thank you for waiting. I've been informed about the results of your mock duel, Mr Liam. I've heard you left quite the impression on Kaspian" The woman had placed a nice golden-looking card on the table.