Chapter 10

Kiara's P.O.V.

'Shit, I said that out loud.'

Once I got over my shock of finding my mate and them hearing me say 'Mate,' I noticed that the whole campus was looking at me. I just rolled my eyes and lightly scoffed.

'It's like they never seen a new person before'

I grabbed my bag and put my keys inside and put it over my left shoulder while I had my helmet under my right arm. Then I started looking around to see if I could find Bella. When I found her, I noticed that she was walking up to the group of vamps. I guess she didn't notice me coming in or got here after I pulled up. I was thinking about going over to her, but I decided against it. I'll probably see her later anyway. I then started heading toward the office to get my schedule and anything else I need for the school year.

Jasper's P.O.V.

'Did she just...' I looked over to Edward to confirm if what I heard was correct after coming out of my shock. He nodded.

"Guys why do you all look shocked?" Bella asked as she walked up to us.

"Hi Bella. And to answer your question we just saw Jasper's mate." Alice said coming out of her shock first.

"That doesn't answer why you guys look shocked." she said with a little attitude.

"Bella, when she looked at Jasper she said the word mate." Edward told her

"Wait you mean she's a vampire?" She asked with wide eyes and looking toward where we were just looking.

"She's not a vampire that much is for certain. But she is definitely part of the supernatural world." Trent said.

"Well, I just hope she doesn't cause any problems. We have enough as it is." Rose said with her usual attitude.

I growled. "Don't talk about my mate like that Rose." I could feel the Major trying to break free.

"I'm sorry Jasper. I'm just worried. I didn't mean to make you upset. I don't want our family to get hurt."

I calmed down and controlled the Major. "It's alright Rose. Just please be civil with her, you don't have to like her but please play nice for my sake."

"Alright, Jasper I will. I know how long you've waited for your mate."

I nodded to her. And started walking to the front office to see if I can help my mate with getting around the school and to also get to know her.

Bella's P.O.V.

"So who's Jasper's mate?" I asked Edward.

"We don't know her name. All we know is that she's new." He answered.

"Oh, must be Kiara. Dad and I went to her house a few days ago to welcome her to town." I said

"Wait you know her? What's she like?" Emmett asked.

"I wouldn't say know her. I just met her, and we weren't there long. Oh shoot, I agreed to show her around school."

"Don't worry about that Bella. Jasper has that covered." Alice said while looking like she's just came out of a vision.

"Oh, okay" I said

Kiara's P.O.V.

When I got to the office I walked up to the front desk. Once I was close enough the office lady looked up at me and smiled at me.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, my name is Kiara Pride. I called yesterday and enrolled and todays my first day." I told her nervously.

"Well pleased to meet you hun. I'm Mrs. Amy. I was the one who took your call. And I've got your schedule and locker number plus the combination all ready for you." She said as she handed me the papers. "Also, I need you to give this to all your teachers for them to sign. At the end of the day just come here and hand it to me or anyone else available. Now let me get a student to show you around and help you get to your classes."

"No need for that Mrs. Amy I can show her around." I heard a voice say from behind me. I instantly new it was a guy and they had a slight Texan accent that sent shivers down my spine. But I didn't let it show. I turned around to see who it was and came face to face with my mate. I noticed that he smelt like gunpowder, books and forest. A strange combination but not all that unpleasant, to me at least. It actually helped me relax and not be as nervous about my first day of school.

"Oh, thank you Mr. Hale. Kiara, I'd like you to meet Jasper Hale. Jasper this is Kiara Pride." Mrs. Amy introduced.

"Pleased to meet you ma'am." He said but this time his accent was a bit thicker.

'Oh boy, that accent is enough to make me swoon.'

"Pleasure to meet you to." I said sounding slightly shy.

"Well, you two should start heading out so you can show her around the school before first bell."

"Right. Thank you, Mrs. Amy have a wonderful day." I said.

"You too sweetheart you as well Jasper." We both nodded at her.

"Right this way ma'am." He said holding out his arm to the right.

"Thank you and just call me Kiara." I said walking the way he was gesturing towards.

"As you wish. And you can call me Jasper." He said with a slight smile, coming to walk beside me.

Once we were out of earshot of the office and I made sure no one was within earshot I breached the topic that we've both probably been thinking about since we saw each other.

"So, I guess you heard what I said in the parking lot earlier?" I said looking up at him since he was quite a bit taller than me.

"I did. And I'm guessing that you know what I am along with my family?" He asked a bit more serious than he's been.

"I do. And before you say anything I won't tell anyone. I'm actually part of the supernatural as well."

"I figured. If you don't mind me asking, what are you?" He asked curiously.

"Now why would I tell you that?" I said smirking.

"Well, it's only natural that you would tell me what you are seeing as you already know what I and my family are."

"Where's the fun in that." I said as I gave him a cheeky smile. He chuckled.

"I guess I'll wait then. But back to the main thing. Us being mates." Before he could say more, I cut him off.

"If you don't mind, I would like to take this slow. I'm not saying I don't want you as my mate, but relationships are rather new to me. I've been waiting for the right person, so I've never been in a relationship before."

"That is alright with me darlin'. We can take this at your pace. We can talk more about it when we're in a more private and comfortable environment. Now let me see your schedule so I can help you get to your classes." He said changing the subject.

I smiled seeing as he is very considerate and understanding. I gave him my schedule. "Can we go find my locker first? I don't want to carry my helmet around with me all day."

"Sure darlin'" he smirked as he noticed my slight blush at the nickname. I gave him my locker number. "Well, you're in luck darlin' your locker is right beside mine." He said smiling.

"Well ain't that convenient." I said as he led me to where apparently our lockers are. Once we got to them I unlocked mine and put my helmet in it. "Jasper, what's my first class? I haven't gotten to look at my schedule and I don't want to carry all my notebooks around all day."

"You have math first. And it looks like we have all the same classes. So you're stuck with me all day."

"Lucky me" I said in fake sarcasm and he chuckled

"Well let's head to first period before the bell rings." It was just then that I noticed that other students were in the hallway all trying to get to their first class or to their lockers.