Chapter 9 - The first step

Y/N POV:

"No Korra for practice again?"

"Doesn't look like it."

Ever since korra 'agreed' to join Tarrlok's task force, she hasn't shown up to a single practice. As much as I don't want to see her, I feel bad for the boys. I feel bad for them not getting to seeing her,

not me.

Why would I be upset for not getting to see her?

heh, right?

right.

Anyway, I turn on the radio because if I am alone with my thoughts for even one more second I just might-

The static from the radio soon dies down after a bit.

"-tar.....Amon remains at large. Why have you failed to locate him?"

I can hear someone coming closer to the microphone.

"You want to know why?"

I know that voice

"Because Amon is hiding in the shadows like a coward."

I know that voice too well

"Amon, I challenge you to a duel!"

That stupid, stupid voice.

"No task force, no chi-blockers, just the two of us tonight at midnight on Avatar Aang Memorial Island. Let's cut to the chase and settle this thing, if you're man enough to face me."

And with that the radio cuts off as a crowd of reporter start shouting out.

Why do you have to do that, korra? Why do you always have to put yourself in such dangerously stupid positions. I have spent majority of my life keeping you from doing things like this, and now you go and do it anyway. You could just never admit that someone other than yourself could be right, could you?

Did you ever even listen to me?

Korra's POV:

As I am at the dock about to leave for my fight, the one and only bald man decides to show up. "Korra, this is madness!" I don't even bother looking back at him, "Don't try to stop me and don't follow me. I have to face Amon alone." I say as I wrap the rope loosely around my hands before the old men start bickering. "This is all your doing!" "I tried to talk her out of it too, but she's made up her mind."

They act like I am a child who shouldn't be able to think for herself. Back home I may have been restricted but I had a bit of respect about my decisions.

Not much, but a bit.

I guide myself out to Aang's island and sort of just stand there awhile. I practice some fighting poses and think about stuff that I don't want to think about. The clock scares me a little when it goes off, but after Amon hasn't shown up I lose all worry.

"Guess you're a no-show, Amon. Who's scared now?" I yawn out as I stand up and walk away. While stretching, something wraps around my legs. The bola drags me into the base of the statue and as soon as I reach the centre, I'm surrounded by a circle of like twenty chi-blockers. I bend fire at them but there is no use.

Why did I have to be so stupid?!?

I was too scared to admit it and now two whips are tangled in my hands. It's all to much. I can't move away. I try to use my legs to kick some fire and earth around, but I can't. multiple chi-blockers punch me in the back several times.

I can't move

I can't do anything

I can't, I just can't.

Everything goes to black and my head feel like it is getting beaten in with a bolder. They were right, They were always right.

It feels like the world isn't real as I start to open my eyes. I remember everything that happened...but also I don't. It's like I know that I remembered everything in the moment in great detail, but now everything is all foggy.

yet I still remember all of it.

but I don't,

but I do.

My vision is finally clearing up and I see Aang? How is this even-?

"Aang?" I whisper softly

"Korra!" He yells out as he comes closer to view. He grabs me by the shoulders and helps me sit up, and oh my spirits its Tenzin. That makes a lot more sense, but in all fairness I was just knocked out. "Korra, are you alright? What happened? Was Amon here?"

I look away. I am ashamed in myself. How could I let this happen?

"Yeah, he ambushed me"

I can feel Tenzin's face change. He thinks the worse and it is understandable, I am useless.
"Did he ... did he take your bending away?" He barely even wants to say it, as if he doesn't really want the answer.

I bend a small flame in the palm of my hand. "No, I'm okay." I say, "Ah, thank goodness." He says relieved. It put him at a bit of ease for a moment.

Only for a moment.

I yank him into a hug and let tears pour out of my eyes. I think I want to stop crying but I don't? Tenzin wraps his arms around me, not cautiously, like anyone else would. "I was so terrified, I felt so helpless."

"It's all right, the nightmare is over."

I try to catch my breath as I look up to him and back away a little. My eyes are begging to believe him, as tears stain my cheeks. "You ... you were right ... I've been scared this whole time." I say as I try to wipe my tears away but they keep on coming. "I've never felt like this before and ... and Tenzin, I don't know what to do" I jump back into him and his safety. Everything has been so different lately and I am so confused and frustrated, and scared.

I am so scared.

"Admitting your fears is the first and most difficult step in overcoming them."

Let out a deep breath as he says that.

Words: 1091

UPDATE: Guys i'm so sorry but this book is dead. i completely forgot about this i'm sorryy. maybe one day i might revive it but that it a pretty low chance.