Chapter Three- Heaven's Clinic

Savannah

I was hoping Karley had forgotten about that appointment. Don't even know why I was holding my breath for that one, she and Rosa never forgot.

"Savannah, you don't have to worry," she told after we've dropped Rosa and Logan off to her brother and niece. I was sure my nephew was at his friend's house. "I've known Heaven my while life, she doesn't do things without a reason."

"But -"

"No, she doesn't want to hurt you."

"What about when she..." I said my checks heating up. Karley just smiled and pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to think about the last few years, memories I just want to forget, so very few things were good and I felt sorry for my children. "Why are we going?"

"She was making sure you were okay," she told me, while driving to the clinic Heaven worked at, she owned the building and lived behind it. "Besides I was there, wasn't I? No one, but me can touch like that, okay sweetie."

I only looked at her, while she drove. I didn't know why she bothered with me, when she came back, I wasn't even able to think straight. Maybe Rosa and Logan should've gone with her, that way I wouldn't scare them like I did.

"And besides I'll never leave you... again. My work knows that and they told me, when they offer me a job overseas, they'll let me take my wife and kids."

"Okay."

"Anyway, you should talk to Tia. I hear she's really good at her job," Karley told me when she drove in front of the white building. "That way we might be able to take you off your medication before you, as Logan said, 'take a cocktail'."

"I'm already taking three medications. Why more?" I asked. It was bad enough that I took medication for anxiety, paranoia and depression. I don't think I need to take more. "The ones I take are good enough." 

"Savannah. I want to have kids with you, but I want to make sure you're alright before we even think about it."

"Karley, I would love to carry your child."

"I know, sweetie, but I want you to be better."

"I'm never going to be get better," I told her. I had children at sixteen, when I was finally able to leave my horrible family, but then I had children with Chace and was stuck with him for the next five years. "It's wishful think. I'm going Karley."

"Sweetie, you're getting better."

"But I still scream around men!"

"You have a phobia. You think they're going to hurt you," Karley told me. I was just looked at my knees, I didn't want to look into her kind green eyes. It would make me feel ashamed that I make her life that much harder. "Don't feel bad, honey. We better go in."