Chapter 10: Romance Blossoms

Midoriya POV:

It didn't take long for Uraraka and me to get to the park. It was only about a 10-minute walk, so we still had plenty of time to spend together as we made our way through the lively area.

Looking around and taking it in, the park was really beautiful right now. It was the middle of autumn, so all the leaves on the trees were a nice shade of reddish orange. Some of those leaves would fall and flutter through the air a bit, creating a nice ambiance. It was pretty warm out today, so we weren't cold at all, but there was also a nice breeze that added a light chill to things.

As we walked my hand kept on brushing up against Uraraka's. It's been happening all day, and I've been wanting to hold it so badly but haven't found the right moment.

Maybe this is the time then.

Finally getting my nerve, I started to speak up.

"U-Uraraka, would you mind if I..." my voice trailed off as it got softer the more nervous I became. My face felt hot as my cheeks no doubtedly turned red.

"What was that, Deku?" She turned her face towards mine, and I was met with those beautiful chocolate brown eyes.

"I-I was asking if I could h-hold your hand." I looked away from her sheepishly now, not wanting her to see my embarrassment. That was until I felt something warm and soft wrap around my hand. I looked down and saw that Uraraka had grabbed it.

"Of course, you can, silly. You don't have to ask." Her face had a huge smile plastered over it, as did my own now. We walked in silence for some time then, because in those moments words weren't needed.

After some time walking together, we noticed a large crowd was gathered around something. As we got closer we were able to see two pro heroes with a few police officers. The officers had two criminals in handcuffs and were walking them away.

There must've been a crime happening here a little while ago.

"Man, this is the second crime we've seen today," Uraraka said.

"Yeah. Just goes to show why we need more heroes."

It also proves why I need to improve even faster.

"Well, now that we all have our provisional licenses we can start to help out too!" Uraraka raised her free hand a bit into the air with triumph at that.

"Yeah, we can."

We walked for some more time after that, talking about random things like school, other people in the class, and where we were thinking of doing our work studies.

Eventually, I checked the time and saw that it was 3:15. The train to head back to the dorms would be at the station soon.

"We should start heading to the train station," I started. "The train will be there in 15 minutes."

"Okay, let's get going then." Uraraka then turned to head out of the park and started leading the way to the station.

It took us only about 10 minutes to get to the station, and shortly after the train got there we boarded. After the quick 15-minute ride we were back near the dorms. We walked the whole way back in silence, still holding hands the whole way.

I can't believe how well today went. With the way that she was acting, maybe Uraraka did want to consider this a date.

Pretty soon we were back outside the dorms. That's when Uraraka and I let go of our hands. We didn't want the others to think we were dating or something when we weren't.

"I had a great time today, Deku," Uraraka said as she smiled. "Thanks for coming out with me."

"No problem. I had a great time with you too." I started to walk over to the entrance, and Uraraka followed suit.

"We should try and do this again sometime," she said.

"Definitely." As we walked into the dorms we saw that for once no one was downstairs. We made our way to the elevator and each pressed our respective floors. As it went up I made sure to say goodbye.

"I'll see you later, Uraraka."

"Yeah, see you later! Oh, and you can call me Ochako." She started to blush profusely after that last bit.

Oh wow! She wants me to call her by her first name. I guess I should do the same.

"The same goes for you. Call me Izuku." With that, I stepped out of the elevator and made my way over to my dorm room.

~~~~~~~~

Uraraka POV:

As the elevator went up to my floor, I was still in shock at everything that happened today.

Deku and I went on a date. We even held hands! I can't believe it!

My excitement knew no bounds as I stepped out of the elevator and went over to my room. As I got there though I saw Mina standing outside my door. She spoke up before I could even ask her anything.

"Get inside, you're telling me everything!" She then grabbed me and pulled me into my room. "How did it go? What happened? Did he make any moves?" She was brimming with excitement for me and I was struggling to keep up with all of her questions.

"Calm down, I'll tell you everything." We sat down on my bed and I started to explain the entire date in full detail, making sure not to leave anything out.

~~~~~~~~

Midoriya POV:

I sat in my room at my desk, going over everything that had happened today.

Maybe she does like me? She seemed pretty interested and also held hands. I don't know I'll have to see.

Along with what happened with Ochako today, I also remembered how we saw so many crimes happen around us.

If I'm going to reach my goal soon, I'm going to have to train even more.

Even though I felt exhausted after the last week, I knew I had to push even further beyond so I could improve more.

I reached over and grabbed my phone and clicked on Kacchan's contact. I sent him a quick text, hoping he'd respond.

Hey, are you down to do some more training later?

After about a minute, my phone buzzed as he responded.

Sure. Meet at the training facility at 8.

Typing back once more I sent him a response.

Cool. See you then.

~~~~~~~~

Bakugo POV:

I made sure to leave the dorms without Deku, because if people saw us leaving for the second time today then they'd start to get suspicious. I made the ten-minute walk quickly and saw Deku already at the training facility when I got there.

"Good, you're here," he said. "Let's get started. All Might's already waiting inside."

"Hey Deku, what made you want to train again today?"

"Well I want to start increasing my training, and after seeing so many crimes happen around me today I figured I'd start now so that I can get stronger sooner."

"I respect that. Works out for me too cuz now I'll get even stronger as well."

"Glad to see you're on board with it. Thanks, Kacchan."

"Don't mention it."

The two of us then walked inside and made our way over to the sparring area. Tonight's training is gonna be fun.

~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: The date is over, and now it's time for Deku to get back on the grind. Time to see how all of this training has been affecting him.