The Woodland Scout

Day 47 June

I'm very tired. I ran from the beach with Bryan and Mitch. We don't know how many are left, but what we did know was that we took the beach. Then I heard talking... not English, but German. I moved closer and I saw two Germans, and what looked like kar98's and MG 42's. They were armed to the tooth. Then I saw the captain in shock, and told Mitch and Bryan. We all thought that if we captured him we could be promoted to corporals. We quickly hatched a plan that went like this. Step one Mitch and I will throw grenades and take out the German riflers. Step two Bryan will hop in the trench and shoot the remaining Germans. Step three, Mitch and I will hop in and tackle the German captain. Mitch and I took our position and so did Bryan. We threw the grenades. BOOM! Bryan jumped in and started shooting. Then we jumped in. After that we were ready, we breached the Captains room and he surrendered. The plan had worked. I saw plans on the table, I snatched them and put them in my bag. We heard more talking... this time English. Thank god. We yelled out "FRIENDLIES OVER HERE". They quickly ran over to us and asked if we were ok. We said " Yes, and we have a P.O.W." I gave my commander the plans and he had that look in his eye saying, "jackpot." There was a tank design and on the backside of every single German force there were their coordinates, where they were headed, and what they had in their force.