Number Nine.

I really want to know why Niall went to his own room last night. I mean we always cuddle. I thought I heard him crying also but I'm not sure. I didn't want to walk in there because he might have gotten mad. I sighed to myself as I leaned against the headboard of my bed. It was like four in the morning and I can't go back to sleep. It's aggravating honestly.

--You alright Liam?--

" Trust me. I've done a lot better. "

--Just don't give up okay? If you'd listen to me and believe me that he loves you you'd be better.--

" He probably flipped out when I kissed him the other day Lou! "

--He did. But his face was like a little kid on Christmas! C'mon Liam! You have to keep doing stuff like that!--

" He doesn't love me. What's the point? "

--Oh my lord Liam! He loves you!--

" No he doesn't. Just drop it! "

--Whatever. Don't believe me. Don't be coming back to me when you can't figure something out unless you're going to start believing and listening to me.--

He was gone.

Ugh!!!

" L-Liam? " I heard a small voice from the door. I rubbed my face while calling back.

" Yeah Niall? "

" Can I come in? "

" Yeah. " he walked through the door with his favourite blanket over the top of his head and he face towards the floor. He climbed into the bed next to me and cuddled with me instantly. I still didn't see his face though.

" I love you Li. " he whispered. My heart beat sped up a bit when the words left his mouth. I knew he didn't mean it though. At least he loves me some kind of love right?

" Love you too Niall. " I whispered and kissed the top of his head longer than I should have. I let my lips linger before completely pulling back and just watching Niall breath. I let my hand travel through his hair and down his back. I saw goose bumps appear on his skin and I smiled. " Are you cold? " I asked him. He shook his head and I saw the goose bumps disappear. I ran my hand on his arm and there they were again. Am I doing that to him?

" Why are you up so early? " he suddenly asked.

" I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Too many things on my mind I guess. " He looked up at me and it confirmed one thing. He had been crying. Instantly, I brought my hand to his cheek and slowly wiped away the dry tear streams.

" L-like what? " he whispered to me as he leaned into my touch a bit.

" You. " I whispered back, leaning in, going to actually kiss him, I saw him tense a bit so I moved my position to kiss his nose.

" Why me? " his face was red.

--Either tell him or say something really cute!--

" Because you're always on my mind Ni. " I saw him smile.

" You're always on mine too. " he snuggled his face into my neck. I smiled to myself.

" I love you Niall. You know that right? " if only he actually knew.

" Yeah. And I love you too Liam. A lot. " Wait. Did that mean he actually loves me?

" Get some sleep. "

" I can't though. "

" Why not? "

" I'm scared too.. "