Chapter Two

Waking up was not my favorite thing to do at all. I love sleep, it is my favorite activity of the day. But sadly, I did have to get up and go about the day. Sitting up, I sighed looking down at the injuries I got yesterday. They still hurt extremely bad, and they probably will for quite a while.

Getting up, I walked over to the bathroom and grabbed the antibiotic ointment and burn cream I used last night out of the medicine cabinet, I put the creams on and gently rubbed them into my skin. Hissing slightly when I pressed a bit too hard on a spot. Once I made sure every bit was covered, I put the ointments away and washed my hands from ointments being kind of sticky. After drying my hands off, I grabbed my brush that I had on the sink and brushed my hair, pulling it back into a messy bun. After that and brushing my teeth, I walked back into my room and over to my closet.

I grabbed a pair of leggings that were a little bit on the thicker side and longer so I could hide the rope burns and a sweatshirt so I could cover my wrists. Changing out of the big t-shirt I had on and putting on the clothes I pulled out of the closet, I discarded my clothes into the basket I had. Grabbing a pair of tennis shoes that I always wore, I put a pair of socks on that I grabbed from my dresser and put the shoes on.

Going back over to my bed I grabbed my phone off the charger and put that in my sweatshirt pocket. I got my book bag off the ground by my dresser and headed out of the room.

Walking to the bus stop, was another thing on my list that I did not like to do. I do not like walking alone.

The bus pulled up shortly after I arrived to the bus stop, making my way to the far back I sat down in the empty seat that I always sat in and put my book bag beside me.

"Well if it isn't Ms. Priss and Proper?" Said a voice from a few seats in front of me. I did not even have to look up to know that it was Madison.

For some reason, Madison hated my guts. I have known her since elementary school and she's always hated me.

"What? Are you too good to talk to anyone?" Rachel added in.

Rachel, I guess you can say was the leader of the group. Her, Madison, and Madison's twin Molly were in a little group that would always go out of their way to make my life even more of a living hell than what it already is.

"Bitch, we are talking to you!" Molly said, slamming her hand down on the seat in front of me.

Now Molly, I would say I feared her. She was not just verbally and mentally abusive towards me. She would also be physically abusive. Finding anyway to make sure I was in pain.

Last year, she pushed me down the stairs at school, making me break my foot in two different spots and had to wear a cast for three months. It is still not healed all the way.

"I do not want to talk to y'all, can you please leave me alone?" I asked quietly.

I was known as the quiet girl in the school, I tried my best to stay in the background and not bother anyone. Of course, that never worked though.

"Does it look like I care about what you want?" Molly scoffed, laughing with the other two girls. Grabbing my chin and harshly making me look up at her and the other two.

You would think the bus driver or someone would stop them from harassing me. But nope, nobody cares.

"I said, does it look like I care about what you want?" Molly asked again, her grip on my chin becoming harsher.

Wincing I told her, "No." Making her and the other two bullies laugh.

"Nobody cares about you Dillon." Molly said and pushed my head away making me hit the back of my seat.