Chapter 04

Chapter Four - Horcrux Mission

.

Yesterday I noticed that the calendar was marked on the date of the fifth of June. What on earth was the fifth of June?

As I didn't have the head to know, I called Cherry. My elf said she didn't know either but she could find out for me what was on that day.

I didn't think about it, I still had a lot of things to do. The incantations were flowing easier, sometimes I would cast spells without making words, that's what I call non-verbal magic. I was getting pretty good at it.

After five minutes Cherry appeared. As far as I could tell, the fifth of June was my birthday. For some reason I wasn't feeling upbeat about the idea, even Cherry saw my pursed lip.

I dismissed the elf and decided to leave my room. I didn't know if my parents were currently in the manor. I had remembered to remove a certain obscure object from my father's office, the question is? Where is the office?

I summoned Cherry again. I felt safe summoning the elf. - "Cherry"

- "Young master"

- "Are my parents at the manor?"

- "Answering the master. Master Lucius left early for the Ministry, and Mistress Narcissa went out on errands" - I seemed to be in luck, both my parents were gone - "Why do you ask young master?"

- "Nothing important. But, Cherry, do you think you could take me to my father's study?"

- "To the master's study?" - The elf looked puzzled.

- "I have to check something in my father's office. I'd like you to come with me and watch the entrance," - Cherry nodded doubtfully.

Cherry led me all the way, it wasn't as far as I thought, but I was worried that some gossipy elf would notice my entrance to Dad's study. Apart from the diary I had to take care of the gossipy elf.

- "Cherry, do you know if Dad put any tracking spells in his study?" - The elf denied - "Can you check if he put any spells?"

- "Is it important that he does?"

- "Very important, I'll tell you later. I just need you to check, got it?" - My elf entered the study with fear, a few minutes passed and Cherry came out. - "Well?"

- "The master only cast security spells on his locked drawer and a chest. The rest of his study doesn't have a single tracking or security spell."

- "Good. I'm going in, please keep watch. If anyone comes you pass me the word, got it?"

- "Yes, master."

I entered my father's study, it looked better than I imagined.

Focusing on what I came here to do, I conjured up a daily Tom Riddle action, but there was no response. That intrigued me, if Dad knew that the diary was something obscure then he would have it in a safe place.

I went through his library, and not one book looked any different, I checked his drawers, and none of them had the damn diary in them. The urge to curse was on the tip of my tongue, but I calmed myself and kept looking.

I was so rushing through the desk that I tripped over the leg of the desk, I was falling until I leaned on the armchair next to it, I sighed with relief, and I almost let out a curse, I looked around the whole room I was helpless because I didn't get anything until I saw that all the lamps were on except the one that was hanging on the column behind the armchair.

- "Strange..." - I touched the lamp and ran my hands under it until my fingers sank as if the stone underneath was loose. Suddenly an entrance opened into my father's library - "He had a secret hiding place" - I thanked heaven for not forsaking me.