[BLACK & WHITE]

Chapter 3: Forewarning
(Most Modern Mechanic will be excluded)

"The Empire State Tournament?" Hikari asked, surprisingly. Only the winner of the Festival of the Rising Sun was suppose to participate.

It was a worldwide competition, where only the best of each 18 Academies are to participate. Usually, Star-Fall Academy fall in the top areas but never won 1st place.

The Principal noticed the confusion of Kira and Hikari. Although they were participants, they didn't won. Only the red hair in the room had won.

"Although Kaname had won, there is a way for all three of you to also participate in the competition. Only 10 Academies have the chance to." Hikari looked around, noticing the determination that the two sword users were emitting. Those two, were always the one with the swords.

"We are fortunate to be invited by another Academy. It's an honor to be chosen." Kira noticed the dangerous tone in the Principal voice. It was wavering, as if the Principal had hesitation to the offer.

Hikari looked at Kira, who was acting normally. But living with him for several months had its perks, as Hikari noticed the way Kira looked at Kaname. It was a sense of determination- a determination that wants Kaname defeated once and for all.

"However.." They all perked up to hear what she was to say.

"The 1st years who called themselves Black & White. They have taken interest in you two. Kira and Hikari, you are Black & White?" They tensed up. It was their nickname ever since the Festival, and it had kept with them for a long time.

"And where are we getting to?" Kaname asked boredly, with Kira scowls at him. Hikari wished that the Principal hurries up.

"To participate, there was a condition set to us. That is to have you two participate in a practice match." Hikari instantly grabbed her sword. It was taken to be quite an honor, but Hikari had a bad feeling. She wanted to refuse, but she held back.

"Why can't I battle in the match? I'm basically stronger than Kira and Hikari." Kaname interfered. Hikari now wished that the Principal will hurry up before Kira slices Kaname's head off.

"The school is interested in Kira and Hikari. The condition states they only want them to participate." The underlying tone made Kaname close his mouth. It's true that Kaname may be able to defeat them in a one to one duel.

"Kira and Hikari, are you going to accept the offer?"

*****~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hikari was nervous. It had been a week since they been called up, and they were boarding a train to the other Academy. But the Academy was not the problem. But the male who was sitting by her. Sleeping on her shoulder.

She couldn't move at all, knowing that he would wake up with ease. And Hikari doesn't want that. She knew Kira had gone through intense training in the whole week they were still at the school.

Not to beat Kaname only, but the students at Lunara Academy. The 2nd strongest Academy in Academics, and Mass Weaponry Mastery. Unlike Star-Fall Academy had many students use swords, Lunara Academy students is skilled in the other weaponry such as knives, scythes, or even traps that students concocted themselves.

They're the only school that gets to send 10 representatives to the 50 participants that is going to compete in the Empire State Tournament. Those 10 representatives are the 10 Seats of Lunaric. The strongest students in the whole school.

Hikari, before coming to Star-Fall Academy had heard many rumors of the Seats. It is said that the original 1st Seat was taken down in one hit. The new 1st Seat was only a 2nd year that transferred from Star-Fall Academy. Her nickname was the Yamato Nadeshiko.

Hikari knew that the girl must have educated herself at Star-Fall Academy. That's why she wanted to become a great swordwoman. To battle the Yamato Nadeshiko. The one who beated the strongest swordman in the whole nation.

Hikari looked at Kira's face. His face was pale, but radiance heat from it. Hikari couldn't felt but move her finger to poke his cheek. He didn't wake up, and Hikari smiled. She poked him again, only for him not to wake up.

"The Yamato Nadeshiko was interested in you two. Be careful. She is a strong weapon user." The principal had warned them beforehand. It was like Kira's and her's ability to battle was not enough to beat her. Like a whole army couldn't defeat her.

"Eh?!" Suddenly, Kira's hand snatched Hikari's hand and pulled her closer. Kira opened his eyes, checking his surrounding, before looking at his partner 5 inches away. Their nose were close to touching. They both blushed.

"Excuse me..." Panicking, they went back to their original position, as the door opened to show a servant. "But we have arrived to Lunara Academy."

Getting out of the train, Hikari couldn't help but notice the fascinating structure. The school was close to the train, with the towering moon facing them.

"Amazing." Kira commentated, noticing the alluring beauty it was emitting. Although it was similar to Star-Fall Academy, they have tweaked it so much that it was an entirely different school from the outside.

They all walked in, noticing the welcome and thankful vows that many citizens were speaking of. Reaching the school itself, no one was there to greet them. Only 9 students were there.

"Welcome to Lunara Academy. We are grateful to have you accept our invitation." A short red hair girl bowed, wearing a blue blazer. Hikari immediately realized that the 1st Seat wasn't there.

"I'm the 2nd Seat, Hibikaze Erica. Call me Erica." Erica introduced herself, seeing the two students from Star-Fall.

"I'm Sendo Hikari, and he's Kira." Hikari said timidly, also bowing in return.

"The 1st Seat is busy right now, but she is able to come to the match today." Erica said, before looking at a black hair boy. He almost look like Kira, except for the messy blue bed hair and different uniform.

"Follow me- NO, HAYASHI, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE." The blue hair stopped walking away, before looking at the red hair.

"If you want my ass, then we'll do it in bed tonight. Other than that, I'm out of here." Hikari blushed. The perverted jokes will always make the girl blush. No matter how small it was.

"COME BACK FOR THE MATCH IN AN HOUR, YOU SON OF A BASTARD!" Erica then looked at them to smile. "Is there any places you want to visit? There are classroom, astronomy towers-"

"Is it possible if I could see the astronomy tower?" Hikari asked politely, with Erica nodding. Motioning for the black hair girl right by her, Erica gave a nod.

"Please follow me." The black hair girl said sweetly, with Hikari following. Although she didn't want to separate from Kira, the Principal had ordered this. Separate.

"Hm.... The classrooms are boring... How about we go to the library, Kira?" Erica casually said, with Kira nodding. Waving the other 6 off, they started walking through the flat grass.

"The 10 Seats this year are promising, possibly better than most of 10 Seats in the past. Although I'm 2nd Seat, Hayashi would prove to be more powerful than me. He's 8th Seat after all." Erica said, with Kira nodding.

"Why doesn't he get 2nd Seat if he's better than you?" Kira asked.

"To be a Seat, you must battle one of the Seat. If you happen to beat the 2nd Seat, you will automatically get that seat. But most of us beat them so our positions are not in danger. He's more likely just not care about it and just remain in the seating placements to reach advantages." Erica explained.

"How powerful is the 1st Seat?"

"She bested all of us. In the past, you were suppose to beat everyone to make a battle with the 1st Seat. Only in her first year she was able to beat all of us, but made her offer to battle the 1st Seat when she's in her 2nd year. It is said that she's very skilled with the sword."

"But that might not be the case. It said that her win may not be the swordsmanship she possesses, but with a separate weapon that she hides. Schools are okay with that, even in tournaments, but it's more like a dirty trick to use." Erica said, reaching a building.

"This is the library, hope you enjoy."