Maya

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And though you break my heart
You're the only one

Broken Hearted Girl ~ Beyoncé.

"Hey Zack, you can count on my vote." A girl winked at Zack as we walked through the hallway.

Dean snickered and Fred cracked a smile.

I bit my lip and looked at Zack nervously.

He had a scowl on his face.

"Hey, it's not that bad." I tried to tell him.

He was clenching his fists.

I saw more girls pointing and staring.

"Where is Cassie?" He asked through gritted teeth.

As if on cue, we spotted Cassie just as she was shutting her locker.

A smile grew on her face as soon as she saw us and she strutted our way.

"You just had to summon the she devil." Fred muttered. "That's my cue to leave, come on Dean."

Dean was stuck to his spot, smiling goofily at Cassie.

"Dude - Cassie Fitzgerald is coming over here." He hissed.

Fred rolled his eyes. "You can't be serious."

His glare turned to me as if it was my fault that Dean didn't want to go with him.

"Whatever, I'm out."

He started walking away just as Cassie approached us.

The two crossed paths and I saw them share murderous looks.

Okay, what was up with Fred? First of all, why did he seem to despise me? And why did him and Cassie look at each other like mortal enemies?

I didn't even think they had talked before. I had heard Cassie and Emma gush about him being hot some time back but other than that, I didn't know there was any association between them.

"Hey guys." She greeted.

"Hey." Dean spoke dreamily.

Zack sighed and stepped in front of him. He looked down at Cassie angrily.

"What. The. Hell. Cassandra?" He drawled out the words.

Cassie eyed him from head to tall and I could just see her bitch mode activating.

"Okay, Zachary. I get that you've been calling yourself my best friend's boyfriend for a whole of five seconds but you do not come at me like that. Or use my full name," she poked his chest with the tip of her finger. "You. Do. Not. Know. Me. Like. That."

I quickly placed myself in between them.

"Um guys, could we all just take deep breaths and be rational." I spoke.

"Rational?" Zack yelled in outrage. "You set me up!" He told Cassie in accusation.

"Set you up for what? That bad haircut? Hate to break it to you, hun, but I wasn't there when you made that tragic decision."

"Cassie." I scolded.

She blinked innocently at me. "What? Am I lying?"

"Your haircut is pretty bad." Dean spoke from behind Zack.

Zack spun on him and Dean shrunk back. "Er... Is that Freddie calling me? I better go - uh see ya."

He dashed away, leaving me in the middle of these two ticking bombs.