Chapter 11

Prince Rick jiggled a few stones out the way and seeped his way into the room.

"Rick you have to get out of here!" I commanded.

"Not without you, my love."

I turned as I heard the doorknob rattle.

"I'm not your love! None of this is real!" I started shoving Rick back to the window.

"But my dear, what about the-"

"It doesn't matter right now," I said. "The troll is coming back. If she sees you, she'll put a spell on you."

It was too late! The troll swung open the door. Her eyes raged with flame, "Still deciding to escape after I warned you! I am going to put an end to this!"

She unrolled the old paper. I watched in horror as she began reading some words. Without a word of thinking, I sprang into action.

I ran toward the troll. He didn't see me as I snatched the red scroll out of his hand.

"Hey, give that back!" The wicked beast tried to chase after me.

Prince Rick stepped in front of me, drawing out a sword to the monster.

The troll growled as she was unable to make a single move. The prince whispered to me, "Make a way to the window."

I turned the window, it was still to high for me to reach. I tried to reach it. Even with the ruby heels, the window was still too high.

The troll laughed, "Looks to me like you're over this fairy tale."

"Hush you beast!" Prince Rick commanded.

"No," I interrupted. "No, I want to hear this! What are you getting at?" I peeked over the prince's shoulder. I clinched the scroll in my hand.

"Seems to me, you enjoy imagination. But maybe people make things a little dull."

My arm began to twitch as she continued. My eyes were stuck between watching the troll and the red paper twitching in my hand.

"Then let's change a few things."

"Leave this area- NOW!" Prince Rick demanded. He paid no attention to me as he stood brave protecting me.

"Prince Rick, something is wrong!" I tried to explain, but my voice couldn't escape my lips.

The scroll shook as if trying to release itself from my hand. I let it go.

I watched as the scroll reeled against the moist wall. Purple mist started to hiss around the room.

Prince Rick saw it too, "What is this?" He turned his back to the giggling troll. I watched as she faded within the thickness of the fog. The room was surrounded by purple haze.

"What's going on? What did you do with that scroll?"

"I-I didn't do anything. It's that story. It's cursed!"

Rick looked at me, "Say what?!" I didn't have time to explain. The thick fog smothered us both.

"Stay close to- Princess..." I could tell he was choking as I could see heaping of the stuff enter through his mouth.

I coughed a few times myself, "You have no idea!" I suddenly felt as though the floor dropped. Rick and I were both set to fall to our doom.