Chapter 1

My name is (Y/N) Midnight River Sparkle, and I'm from District 12. If you couldn't tell, I'm not like other girls. I have glasses, I go hunting, and I like to read. All the boys like me, and the girls bully me cause they're jealous. All these girls are all prissy stuck up bitches with like no personality. I'm really depressed from all the bullying, but luckily I have my mother's necklace that she gave to me before she died for strength.

The day of the Reaping finally came, and we all went to the town square to see if our names would be picked. On the way there, I ended up bumping into what felt like a wall of pure muscle. My ocean blue orbeez looked up to meet dark brown ones. It was Gale! One of the hottest boys in District 12. "S-S-S-Sorry Gale..." I muttered, hiding my face behind my sleeve all embarrassed and bashful. Gale just smiled softly at me and whispered. "It's alright, good luck today. But even if they pick your name I'm not worried, I know you'll win."

I blushed a bright red at this, my heart fluttering. I can see the girls glaring at me as I talked with Gale. Jealous bitches. I made my way over to my spot with my best friend, giving her a hug as we waited for the names to be called. "Welcome to the 74th annual Hunger Games! First, from the girls." Effie says as she draws the first name. It was Primrose Everdeen! Katniss' younger sister. My orbs widen and I look to the girls in shock. Katniss was one of the few girls that was nice to me, we were practically best friends. "I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!" Of course Katniss would volunteer for her sister. She's so brave and strong, I look up to her so much.

For the boys they chose Peeta Mellark, the baker's son. I sigh in relief. This was my last year, I'm finally free of the games. I didn't get picked. "There has been a change in the rules this year. We will actually be taking three tributes from District 12 to fill an empty space." The entire crowd broke into gasps, could it be true? This was my last year with my name in the pot, it couldn't possibly be me could it? Effie walks over to the bowl in the middle, going through it before picking a name card. "Molasses Angelwood." No. Anyone but her. Anyone but my best friend. It can't be her! She can't fight!

They go to take her away, and I quickly rush in front of her. "I volunteer too!!! I volunteer for the Hunger Games!!!" The whole crowd goes silent in awe. "Well, it looks like we have two volunteers for the first time in history! Please step up here young lady and tell us your name." I slowly walk up to where Effie was standing and stand beside Katniss. "Ladies and Gentleman, your tributes of the 74th Hunger Games." There was no cheering. Katniss and I look to one another, before holding up the three finger salute. The crowd followed behind us, and we walked off of the stage proudly. I have a good feeling Katniss and I are going to be allies.