Chapter 11

💌Crystal's POV💌

"Dad, how did you get this when they didn't know that we were here?" I ask my dad

"When Fred called me over, we saw men dressed in suits, they looked like bodyguards honestly. One was at our door ringing the doorbell while the other was standing in front of us with the roses. I called the other bodyguard over and found out that he also had roses with him. They told us that they were addressed to you but nothing about the owners that gave them. In the end, we saw them drive away in the same car."

I glance at my note and read the words carefully.

~~~~~~

To my first love.

I noticed you today with your friend at the airport, I honestly couldn't take my eyes off you. I knew that if I have gone out to meet you, it would be awkward between us. If you're wondering, how I managed to send this to your address you don't need to worry. I'm not a stalker or a weirdo, in fact, you're friend knows about me. But they promised to stay silent and they are also good at acting so you won't be able to tell the difference. Anyways not to make this note long. I saw that you went to welcome your parents and to see your smile warmed my heart. So I got you these white roses in accordance with your pure heart and soul. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Love from your admirer.

~~~~~~

Ooohs filled the room as I finished reading the letter. I didn't expect such a letter. Growing up I had crushes sometimes and was confessed to but never received such a letter before. I don't know but it kind of made my heart flutter a little.

"You're blushing" Laura whispers in my ear and I turn to her and see her wiggling her eyebrows. I quickly slapped my cheeks to get back to my senses and saw our mothers chuckle at my actions.

"Stop making fun of me" I say nudging Laura in the arm

"Ouch, don't have to be so violent" She says wincing and grabbing her arm

I quickly regret it and get worried. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" I ask and she just sticks out her tongue. "I'm just messing with you," She says and I pounce on her tickling her with the intention to quench my thirst for revenge.

Our parents laugh at the performance we were putting on for them till my mom cleared her throat "Alright, girls. Settle down, we still need to read Laura's note". My mom says and tries to hold back her laugh.

I get off from Laura and she regains her sitting position and holds the note. She breathes in and out and she looks at the note nervously. She glances at me "Crystal, can you help me read it out loud? I'm not sure I can do it myself" she asks nervously. I smile at her and take the note.

~~~~~~

To a very special girl,

I hope you're doing well and I hope you and your family are having a great time. I'm sorry, I'm not a guy that knows how to write to a girl. You know who I am already but even still I can't really bring myself to meet you personally. I saw you and your friend at the airport today as I had some business to attend to so I've sent these roses in hopes that you would like them. I chose red cause it somehow reminds me of your confidence and bright personality. I know it may sound a little cringe but I would be glad if it still made your day.

From someone you know and who cares about you.

~~~~~~

When I finished the last sentence I glanced over at Laura who was covering her face with her hands and I smile." It's alright Laura" I say and put my hand on her shoulder, I could see that she was blushing red and didn't know what to say. That's how she usually is whenever she is really flustered. Our parents only smiled but didn't say anything, they could understand the situation and didn't really want to put more pressure on her.

Laura and I stayed in the living room for a while but soon became bored and decided to take ourselves to her bedroom. Her bedroom was really different from mine, for starters my room was completely rose gold and white while hers was a violet neon color with led lights. In all honesty, her room was beautiful and makes me want to set up led lights in my room as well but I'm too lazy to get that done. Maybe one day I'll do it. Well, if I don't have any appointments with my bed that is.

We walk into her room and I look around. I'm always amazed whenever I step into her room. "Seriously Crystie, you should already be used to this by now" She says as she closes the door.

"Seriously Laura, I may never get used to this. It's like a whole other universe in here" I say my eyes fixed on the room lights, and she chuckles, but then her smile falls and she heads over to the bed and falls on her back. She lays there and sighs and I make my way over to her and join her to lay down. "What's wrong Laura?" I ask and look at her. She doesn't look at me nor respond fast, She sighs again "Laura, I'm not sure about my feelings" She says still staring at the roof. "What are you talking about?" I ask, having a feeling I knew what she meant.

"I don't know if I like Edward" She says and closes her eyes. "Laura, you literally blush whenever you see him or whenever we tease you. I'm pretty sure you like him." I say. "That's what you see, but it's really hard to explain how I feel around him" She says.

"Well, can you tell me a little about how you feel?" I ask.

She turns to me and faces me "Laura, my heart flutters whenever I'm around him, and I find it fun to be near him but..."

"But what?"

She sighs again "I don't know, I guess I'm just scared" She says

"What are you scared about?"

She looks away from me and looks at the neon wall "I'm scared of having a boyfriend"

I sigh and understood what she meant. Laura had a painful experience in middle school.

~Flashback

"C'mon Crystal, please support me with this" She says and gives me the puppy eyes look.

I sigh "Don't say I didn't warn you" I say and give her a warning glance and she smiles.

Laura had a crush on the popular guy in our school, Rome. He was a transfer student from Italy. He was perfect at everything you name: school, gym, getting girls, etc.

So if any of you already guessed, the dude is a playboy and was known to break many girls' hearts. So when Laura said that she had feelings for her and wanted to confess I wasn't too happy about the plan. I didn't want to see her get hurt, it would sting if I saw her cry. But in the end, her happiness is also mine so I gave her my blessings and hoped that this guy wasn't a scumbag.

Laura ushered me to go the cafeteria first as she wanted to be brave and meet him alone and I reluctantly agreed. I went to one of the tables and took out my phone and scrolled around Instagram.

Around 10 minutes later, Laura came back walking hand in hand with Rome. Everyone stared at them as they made their way to my table. I wasn't surprised that he would accept her since Laura was a beauty. But I swear that If I see him cry over him I would make him pay or preferably just stab him with my fork.

I covered my upset face with my happy mask as he sat in front of me.

"I know what you're thinking and no I won't break her heart. I genuinely like her" He said and I kept on my fake smile.

"Sure" I said and went back on my phone.

"Aren't you gonna get anything to eat?" Laura asks me and I shake my head " I'm not really hungry" I say and she nods in understanding as she and Rome go to get their food. Meanwhile, I was on my notes app and making a list of 100 ways to get rid of Rome, by the way, I could make 30 of them look like accidents or coincidences.😈😈😈😈😈

To my surprise Laura and Rome turned out well, he was sweet to her and looked like he really cared for her. He was slowly gaining my trust but on their 1 year anniversary all that changed.