The Western Air Temple part 1

"So they brainwashed you?" "Just like Jet!" "Why didn't it work?" "How did they believe you?" "How do you feel now?" Everyone fired his questions at me. "Yes, Jet? I don't know, I'm good at lying and I don't know." I sighed. I turned around and looked in the distance. After the invasion didn't succeed, all the grownups sacrificed themselves so the young ones could escape.
Where would Zuko be right now? I left Zuko. Again. I'm so horrible!

"Samira? Are you sick? Should we land?" Aang landed Appa. "We have to walk anyway. Carrying so many people is not easy for Appa."
I just followed the others.
You left him.

"Hey! We're here." Toph said. We should be at the airtemples, but I didn't see anything. "But there isn't anything here." Sokka said. "No there is! You just can't see it! It so beautiful!" Toph could see it with her earthbending. I kneeled down and placed my hand on the ground. I concentrated. Now I could see it too.
I've specialized myself in copying other's specialties. That's probably why I also can bend blue fire or throw daggers as good as Azula and Mai. I guess copying is one of my special 'tricks'.

"Ehm... I think your feet need their eyes checked." Katara said looking around. "No! She's right! We are here!" Aang smiled.

------////POV ZUKO\\\\------
I thought back of the last time I was here at the Western Airtemple. I was so dumb back then.
I heard a growl and saw Appa landing. I immediately thought of Samira. Would she be with them? Or was she still in the Fire Nation? If so, I hated myself for not leaving a note for her. I wrote Mai one, so I could have just written another one. I'm so stupid.

--------////POV SAMIRA\\\\------

"It's so different from the Northern Airtemple." Teo said. "I wonder if there are any secret rooms." "Let's go check it out!"
Teo and the others went to discover the rooms in the temple. Aang wanted to follow them, but Katara stopped him.
"You guys go, I think we need to talk about some things."
"Why can't I go?" Aang asked. "We need to decide what we're gonna do now. And since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this."
Aang sat down with a grumpy face. "Fair enough. So what's the new plan?"
"Well, if you ask me, the new plan... is the old plan! You just need to master all the four elements and confront the Firelord before the Comet comes." Sokka told him.
"Oh yeah that's great. No problem! I'll just do that." Aang threw away a little stone.
"Aang, no one said it's gonna be easy.." "Well it's not even possible! Where am I suppose to get a Firebendingteacher?"
They all looked at me now. I've been sitting silently on a rock but now I had to say something.
"I can't teach the Avatar firebending..."

"Why can't you? You got Firebendinglessons from Azula and Iroh, didn't you? You are part Firebender."
I sighed. "It is not my destiny to teach the Avatar firebending! I didn't grow up knowing I was a Firebender. Somebody else has to do it."
"Like who? It would be a miracle if we ran into Jeong-Jeong again."
I sighed. "I don't know."

"Oh well. Guess we can't come up with anybody. Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" Aang flew away on his glider. "What's up with him?" Toph asked. "There's gotta be someone who can teach him firebending..."

I was trying to find Teo and the others, so I could ask then if they wanted to eat something. I couldn't find them, so I went back to Aang
When I walked back I saw them standing in fighting pose. What was wrong? "Guys?" They were focused on one thing. I walked closer. Then I saw what was up.

Zuko.

I walked up to him.
"Is this a plan of you Samira? Are you both still wanting to catch the Avatar? I knew we couldn't trust her!" Katara snarled.
"Wait! No no! I don't even know why he's here!" I turned to look at Zuko. "Why are you here?"

"Well, what I wanted to tell you about is... eh that I changed and I ehh... I'm good now. And.. well I can join your group. Oh! And I can teach firebending... to you." He looked at Aang.
"See.. I uhmm..." "You wanna what now?" "You can't possibly think that anyone of us would trust you. Except for that there." Katara pointed at me. "I mean, how stupid do you think we are?" I stepped foward. "Letting him go would be stupid! Aang needs a firebendingteacher and here he is! I know for sure he has changed. I was with him for more than a week in the Firenation and I saw him battling! He.." Zuko grabbed my arm. "It's okay. Let them speak their minds."
"All you've ever done is to track us down and try to capture Aang!"
"I've done some good things! I mean, I could've stolen your Bison in Ba Sing Se but I set him free! That should mean something!" Appa licked him.
"Appa does seem to like him." Toph said. "He probably just covered himself in honey or something. So that Appa would lick him. I'm not buying it!"
Zuko looked down. "I can see why you wouldn't trust me." Zuko looked at my hand that he held now. "I know I've made some mistakes in the past."
"Like when you attacked our village?" "Or when you stole my mother's necklace?"
"Look, I admit I've done some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you. And I'm sorry that I attacked the Watertribe. And I never should've sent that Firenation assassin after you. I'm gonna try to stop-" "-You sent Combustion man after us?" Wait what? I pulled my hand out of Zuko's. "You did what?" I looked full horror at him. "Well, that's not his name but-" "Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to insult your friend." Sokka snarled. "He's not my friend!" "That guy locked me and Katara up in jail and tried to blow us up!" Toph yelled. He what????
"Why aren't you two saying anything?" He looked at me and Aang. "You know I have good in me." Aang looked at Sokka and he shook his head. I looked at the floor.
"There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done! We'll never let you join us."
I saw that Zuko was hurt, and I could see both sides. What was going to happen now?
"You need to get out of here. Now!"
I saw Zuko's mood change in his eyes. "I'm trying to explain I'm not that person anymore!" "Either you leave.. or we attack!" Sokke pointed with his boomerang.
Zuko sighted. "If you won't except me as a friend.." He kneeled down. "than maybe you'll take me as a prisoner..."
He held up his hands.
"No! We won't!" Katara bended him backwards with some water. "Now get out of here and don't come back! And if we ever see you again... Well.. we better not see you again!" Zuko was dripping wet. He stood up and looked at me, before walking away.

"Why would he try to fool us like that?" I heard Katara asking. I sat in the shadow. "Obviously he wants to lead us into something kinda trap." "This is just like we were in prison together in Ba Sing Se. He starts talking about his mother and making it seem like he's an actual human being with feelings." I stood up. "He wants you to trust him and feel sorry for him so you let your guard down, then he strikes!" Sokka said. "The thing is.. it worked. I did feel sorry for him. I felt like he was really confused and hurt... But, obviously when the time came, he made his choice. And we paid the price. We can't trust him."
I walked up to them. "You know, he's not lying. He really helped me. Aang, remember when you all were so sick and I got those frozen frogs? He helped me get out of Zhao's hands. He risked his life to save me!"
"No. He probably only did it so you could lead him to the Avatar, or so he could capture you so Aang would try to save you. And what was all that stuff about setting Appa free? He was probably lying." Katara said to me.
"Actually, he wasn't." Toph spoke up. "Oh hurray, in a lifetime at least he didn't add animal cruelty to the list." Sokka sarcastically said. "I'm just saying that considering his messed up family and how he was raised, he could've turned out a lot worse." "Thank you Toph, finally someone understands." I said to her.
"You're right Toph, let's go find him and give him a medal. The 'not as much of a jerk as you could've been' award!" Seriously Katara.
"All I'm saying is while he was talking to us, he was sincere. Maybe you're all just letting your hurt feelings keep you away from thinking clearly."
"Easy for you to say! You weren't there when he had us attacked by pirates." "Or when he burned down Kyoshi Island!" "Or when he tried to capture me at the Airtemple." They all listed up. "Why are you two even trying to defend him?" Katara asked. "Just think Katara! You are all ignoring one crucial fact! Aang needs a firebendingteacher, Samira can't do it. Now we're can't think of a single person in the world to do the job. And if one shows up on a silver plate, you won't even think about it?"
"I'm not having Zuko as my teacher." Aang walked away. "You're darn right you're not buddy."
"Well, I guess that's settled." Katara folded her arms. Toph turned around. "I'm really beginning to wonder who's the blind one around here." And she stormed off.