14: Team JeJo

Jordan stood on his feet at the hallway as the couple walked into their home.

"Well, isn't it that the two goody bags of. . .waiting for us and my Angels." Norman threw a wary look at them, before shifting to his kids. He hugged them and they took it with pleasure.

As for the Goody bags, they went forward to help Emilia with the things.

"I am amazed that despite our outstretched time at the hospital, you two managed the house well." She mouthed a word of appreciation to them.

After that, Norman and his wife moved to the dining table for the last meal of the day.

Grumpy Norman seemed to have missed the people in the house that he said the grace, before they dig into their meal.

He was about to taste the food unknowingly made by Jordan before he stop the spoon halfway and looked down.

Jordan looked at the feet of the Mr. Waters. Perry meowed, as she rubbed herself against his leg.

Team JeJo shared a nervous look and Jessica opened her mouth "I can take her outside if—"

"What's her name?" Norman cut her off, as he asked while he rubbed behind kitten's ears.

"Perry," Harper announced with a smile, shy of fear.

Norman took his hand to a piece of chicken and put it down for the feline. "Perry," he repeated.

Jordan watched the weary man  in a new light, as the couple stole a glance from each other. And Team JeJo.

"Eat your food now, children." Norman said, as he helped himself to the heap of food that laid on the table.

The family continued, after him with a new sense of silence.

Jessica and Jordan began to clear the plates, after Emilia took Norman to their room. And Delia helped Harper to settle in for bed.

"We were in for a shocker. Father as that, " Jessica said, as she passed remaining plates to him.

"Maybe it is a spell but I hope it never ends," He voiced out.

After that, they had nothing to say as they wash the plates together.

Out of habit, Jordan looked at the spot where Perry once laid but now she slept in Harper's room to ware off shadow men.

"To our hideout?" Jessica failed miserably at hiding her smirk, as they reached the hallway. Jordan took notice of her expression with a grin.

"Shall we? " He bowed as he pointed to the hall that led to their hideout.

"With pleasure," Jessica took the first step there and he followed.

She opened the door and switched on the lights. "Are you ready?" She turned back to him.

He nodded his head and took his seat in the room lined with books. He spared none a look but focused on a copy, on the table. The boy from a wish.

Jessica sat beside him on cue "We are almost through with the novel. It wasn't as long as I expected writing it but it was with your help."

"The ending is not hard to place with all the endings you have. It is the best one that we need." Jordan mused.

Jessica laughed. "Let's finish this today." With that, she brought out his phone and gave him one ear of the earpiece with her.

Jordan chortled, as he took it and placed it on his right ear and she, her left.

"I love this song" She said, before tapping the screen. I'll be waiting by Cian Ducrot.

He tried to block the memories from springing up. "Can you put it on speaker? My ear hurts. " Jordan meekly asked.

Jess nodded to his request and did that which he asked.

"Now, we have three endings. . .I figured we listened to each of them." He said, before taking a look at her. She was staring at the book.

"That is a great start. It is a fundraiser for the kids. And we want a teary eyed ending but one that will ignite the hearts of the  audience. And have no refunds."

"They are. One, Guava dies after telling her of his wish that she should move on and forget him." Jordan nudged Jess who nods as she tapped the desk. 

"Two, Guava begs that all the wishes should be reversed, she does and he disappears like the way he appeared, but he mouths I love you. She thinks of him like a precious dream," Jessica helped him to the second ending.

"The third, he disappears  but appears back, reveals his feelings for her and they go to school together as teachers of magic all the days of their lives." Jordan said the last one.

"The first one," Jess said. "Wishes do come through but it is now for her to forget him." He watched her turn to him for his own opinion.

"The first is hard, the third is too clichy. I love the second, he is gone but she remembers him as the dream that he was and live her life," Jordan smiled at the thought of seeing the characters. "There is no happily ever after."

"Gbam! I love the way you think." Jess gripped his sides of his head. "And we are going out the day, after we finish those woodwork." She smiled so warmly.

"I don't think Mr. Waters would allow me take his daughter to the—"

"Let mother do the convincing. I have already told her and will remind her tomorrow."

Jessica picked her pen to jot the ending and use her mummy's old typewriter to finish it up.

Jordan held his eyes on the short girl, who was determined to finish the last piece of literature.

"Can you help me read this? " Jess asked, snapping him out of thought.

"Sure" He coughed as looked at the paper.

As he began to read the paper,  he had just one thought. Just one more night before their arrangement ends. Before he tells her the truth and leaves. Just one more night.