magnolia

Fall 1792

The Wilton House was filled by the screams of Violet Bridgerton and Elenor Hayward. Each woman squeezed the hands of their husbands as doctors urged the women to push. By dinner time the families had each grown with additions of healthy girls.

"Do you two have a name yet?" Elenor asked the couple smiling.

"I'm assuming it with start with a D," Franklin Hayward laughed looking down at his own little girl.

"We were thinking of forgetting about the alphabetizing, actually."

At Edmund Bridgerton's words the Hayward couple's jaws fell slightly agape. It wasn't until Edmund broke out into a smile that they realized he was only joking. Violet shook her head at her husbands antics before sending the Haywards a small smile.

"Her name is Daphne, and what of your little girl?"

"Well," Elenor hesitated looking at Franklin, "We have one in mind but it is a bit of an unconventional name."

"Well now you must tell us," Edmund laughed, earning a slight seat from his wife.

"Early in my pregnancy Franklin and I were on a walk in the spring we saw the most beautiful flowering tree. He insisted on climbing it to pick me on of the blossoms," Elenor laughed as she remembered the afternoon.

"Elenor became so infatuated with the smell I had to pick her one everyday," Franklin chimed.

"So we decided to name our little girl after the flowers," Elenor smiled down at her daughter sleeping soundly in her husbands arms, "Magnolia."