OS - Cravings

Another busy week, another delay in update thus sharing another story to keep you all posted.
Happy reading!

A peek into future (BALH).

Priya's pregnancy reminded me a scene from a show my family watched. I attempted to recreate it for Ram & Priya, so if you recall watching something similar, it's inspiration not copy.

----------

"It's all because of you," his wife cried.

He glanced at her baby bump and murmured with a smile, "I know!"

She glared at him and stomped off. Ugh, can he stop cracking jokes about everything? The pregnancy had left no room for his "funny" jokes.

"Pri.. ya.." he followed her. "Accha, I'm sorry. Suno na." He held her arm to stop her.

She jerked off his hand, "Kya sunu? Again you'll crack some joke to cheer me up instead it'll upset me more."

He duck his head and stayed quiet, listening to her.

This worked.

Whenever her hormones are at peak she would ramble and ramble and fight with him unnecessarily. When done she will see his cute puppy face and realize her angry outburst. Then she will cup his face, mutter a sorry and kiss him, apologetic.

"It's because of you," she repeated, "not cause we had sex or it's your sperm, but because you love the freaking rain and the aroma of wet mud, you crave for tasty pakodas and feel like end of the world if you don't get drench in rain," she said in one go.

She inhaled deeply before speaking, "It's because you love unhealthy, junk food-"

"Ab nahi khata.." he inserted, least tried to, in his defence.

She shot him a look and continued, "and I feel like throwing up at sight of healthy food yet I force feed myself. And my chappal-" They glanced at her flip-flops, grey fur slippers with white bunny on top which she spotted at mall and refuse to take off since then except for her classes.

"It's cute though," he mumbled, smiling.

"And my clothes," she paused and walked to their wardrobe, "I hate all this!" She expressed her frustration at her colorful dresses with funky prints. It was a momentary temptation when they were shopping maternity clothes. She can't even throw it away since they had spent thousands on it.

Priya's preferences had flipped 180 degree since the pregnancy. Weirdly she craved for everything she once hated. However she wished to not like, or do certain things she yearned for it even more. And she knew who was to be blamed. Her dearest husband. The cool industrialist from Bandra.

"Not to forget this," she pulled out chocolate from her purse.

"Again!?" He snatched it and scolded, "You are not suppose to eat this. Where did you get this from?"

He stuffed it into his pocket. She had been eating chocolates like regular daal-rice. When he throws - mostly hides - them, she gets new one. He has been checking her bag too, unwilling and guilty, cause she won't listen and buy them secretly anyways.

The doctor had informed him first three months were slightly critical. She needed rest and should be extra careful about food and medicines. He shared this with Meera Maa and they decided to keep it to themselves to not stress her. Moreover Priya followed everything she was told to do which lessened their worry. Even Ram wondered whatever he had heard and read about mood swings and uncontrollable emotional shifts, and was grateful his wife hadn't had to deal with this.