04 // 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯
04
[break]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━I WOKE UP ON THE COUCH WITH JESSIE SITTING NEXT TO ME

I WOKE UP ON THE COUCH WITH JESSIE SITTING NEXT TO ME. She had a solemn look on her face. I slowly moved my body quietly trying to not disturb her train of thought. My hair dropped to my face as I attempted to fix it. Jessie looked over to me and smiled.

"Hey pretty girl!" She said as he came and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her. She let go but kept her hands on my shoulders.

"You feeling better after last night?" I nodded. I was also lying. I still felt like shit for what I did and what they did last night.

"Well good, today is going to be better because we're gonna have a meet and greet day!" She said. I felt like I was celebrity when she said that. I heard a pair of footsteps coming down the stairs. Great, I get to see Ron's, Sam's, Enid's, or Mikey's lovely face. An older man came down who looked drunk and tired. Jessie cringed but put on a fake smile.

"Hey honey!" She said. I turned my head around and gave her a disgusted expression.

"Who's this?" He said in a grouchy tone.

"I'm Quinn." I said. He looked me up and down a smiled. Really?

"Well, you are a very pretty girl.." He said with a gross smirk. I felt like I was going to throw up.

"I think I'm gonna puke.." I said as vomit came up my throat.

TW: VOMIT

I went to the sink and began to throw up. The apple I had yesterday and a small meal I had that night came up from my stomach. The taste of it was toxic and hideous.

"I'm sorry.." I said as I spit out the last bit.

"Don't be sorry, things just happen." She said. I lifted up my head and turned to face the gross man. He still had a smirk on his face and was staring directly at my ass.

"I need some air." I said as I rushed out of the house. I pushed the door opened and fell into  the grass. My throat felt like it was closing but I felt fine. I pulled out some of the grass to ease my anger. I saw Ron's shoes and kept my head down.

"Quinn?" He said as he ran over to me. I didn't say a word.

"What's going on?" He said as he got to my level. I can't speak to him after last night.

"Cmon please say something, I'm sorry about last night, if that's what you were hoping for me to say. But please say something. You can tell me anything." He said as he placed his hand on my face. My face felt puffy and irritated.

"Your dad is the problem." I said. He gave me a confused look.

"What do you mean my dad is the problem?"

"Does you're dad ever look at Enid?"

"Yeah? When he's talking to her." He said. I shook my head and sighed.

"Your dad likes to look at little girls and call the pretty in a sexual way." I said. He gave me a disgusted and angry look.

"My dad would never do that, sure he's a bit abusive but I still love him."

"Abusive?! Now I'm gonna kill him." I pulled out my knife and immediately got tackled.

"LET ME GO!" I yelled as I kicked him. He wasn't budging.

"You will not, hurt my father."

"You still call him your father after everything he does? After he abuses you and your brother and your mother? This was a mistake. I shouldn't have came to this community." I said as I went back inside. I went upstairs and slammed the door. I screamed my lungs out, cried, and cried. My eyes hurt and my head felt as if a weight was put on it. I locked the door and no one else was in there. People tried to get in but no luck. I just wanted to be alone.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I laid on the floor as the dried tears dehydrated my face. My face was still puffy but not as red. I heard a knock on the door and I got up.

"I don't want anyone in here." I said.

"Even me." The voice was Enid and I unlocked the door.  She opened it and walked in. She closed the door and locked it as she sat down on the floor with me.

"Look, I'm sorry about last night. There was finally another teenage girl that I could talk to about things that I don't feel comfortable talking about with anyone. I thought I was about to break before you came here." I looked over at her and she was sad but a smile spread on her face.

"Do you know why I'm in here today?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I thought you were in here because you didn't want to see Ron." She said.

"His father made me want to throw up, and I did. He looked at me as if I were some type of prostitute on the street that he can play games with." I said. The thought of him and his disgusting smirk made me want to throw up again.

"He looks at me like that also." I looked at her wide eyed.

"We need to do something about this." She gave me a blank stare and rubbed her shoulder.

"I've tried also... it never works so, it's better if he just does it then to make it worse." Am I the only person in this fucking place who has a brain?

"Well, I'll just stay in here then. Any time that man is home, I'll go in here and lock the door."

"Go in the closet that Sam goes into. It had an actual lock than some of the other shitty ones." I got up and went outside the door. I didn't hear the man's voice or his clunky footsteps. I slowly walked down the steps and didn't see sight of him. Only Jessie. I let out a sigh of relief and walked back down there. Jessie had an ice pack on her head, while also crying into her other free hand.

"Hey." I said softly. She looked up as she wiped her tears away.

"I'm not crying."

"I didn't ask if you were."

"Why do you care?"

"Because you took me in when I felt alone. I consider you as family and you probably consider me family too. You don't have to listen to me on this but just keep this in mind. You can leave him, he isn't worth your time if he treats you like this. You can leave him or you can stay with him." I placed my hand on her right shoulder and gave her a side hug.

"Just keep that in mind." I let go of her and walk out the door.