Red Light, Green Light

Maxine's POV

I hear my alarm sounding. Fuck time for school again. I'm in the middle of my senior year of high school. Seventeen and a senior? That doesn't make sense! Yes it does. My birthday is July 19, 1997 I turn eighteen right after my senior year is over. There happy? I get up from my warm sanctuary under my covers and step onto the cold wooden floor. Today is December 10, 2014 and I, Maxine May Amherst am going to high school, again. Today is my last day of school before I start home schooling. It's weird that my last few months are going to be spent in home schooling, but I'm going to love it.

I stepped out of the shower and stood in front of my mirror. The bathroom was all foggy from my steaming hot shower. I put my fingers on the glass and wiped away the mist on the mirror so I could see myself. My face is pale and my lips are rosy red. What happened to me? I grabbed my brush and ran it through my hair. Ow, knots. I grabbed my ponytail and put it in my hair. Almost done, just have to brush your teeth. I threw on one of my band shirts and a pair of jeans and walked downstairs. Cereal sounded good, maybe some Lucky Charms, yeah Lucky Charms. I poured some cereal into my bowl and added some milk too. I sat down at the table and glanced at the clock. 7:15, I have twenty minutes before I have to be at school. While I ate my cereal I looked at the window, it was raining, Joe.

I grabbed my jacket and my shoes and walked out the door. I have my own car so I drive myself to school. My car is a cute little Volkswagen Golf, it's baby blue. I got in and turned my keys, the engine purred. The radio flipped on, some jibberish about some celebrity blah blah blah. I pulled out of the driveway and drove out of my neighborhood. I got to a red light, I stopped. I saw someone that looked quite familiar. Light brown hair bouncing each step he takes. A cute little nose just walking along, not a care in the world. Can it really be him? I kept staring. He turned and looked behind him revealing his face. Blue eyes, damn I should've known. I knew deep down it wasn't him. The light turned green so I stepped on the gas pedal. Zooming off on my way to school. The pattering of the rain hitting my windshield. Pain overtook my body, how could I be so stupid. There was no way in hell that that could be him. How could I miss one person so much. I passed by a cheap old liquor store, maybe I could just happen to waltz in there.

I walked in and it instantly smelled like dirty feet and nasty wasting away corpses. They really just needed to tear this place down, but I loved it here. I walked down the isle, I have school soon. Fuck it, it's my last day I can be a little late. I looked in the refrigerated section, alcohol, tons of alcohol. The old man behind the counter just stared at me, I could feel it. I needed to distract him.

"Hey, excuse me sir?" I turned around to face him. His eyes lit up.

"Yes young lady? What can I help you with?"

"I'm sorry to imply, but I saw a lady go into your bathrooms with some blood on her pants. I think there might be something wrong. I just thought you should know." The bathrooms were separated from the store, since it's so old. He wouldn't have seen her, especially because there are no cameras in this whole area.

"Oh my, I'll go have a look thank you for informing me." He smiled and walked off. I giggled. I opened the door that held the alcohol behind it. I grabbed a bottle of vodka and left. I love vodka, I remember my first taste of it, the memory just makes me want to tear the bottle apart and choke down the whole thing.

-Trigger Warning- __*__ April 9th, 2013

"Come on Max don't be such a damn chicken ass." Oh god what are we doing now? "Joe you really do get me doing the craziest shit ever, but I still love you." We ran into the liquor store, it smells kinda weird in here. There is a young woman behind the register staring us down. He walked in front of me, gosh I can't believe he's eighteen now. The big one, eight. "Just follow my lead." Okay? He went for the newer looking refrigerator door, but stopped.