5

I took a deep breath as I looked up at the large rock pillar holding Vah Medoh. I know what I'm doing is probably really stupid but I'm not waiting any longer. I was likely going to plan on climbing this thing sooner or later so might as well take up this opportunity.

    I snuck out around 4 a.m. while everyone was still asleep and packed some supplies and warm clothes. I plan on getting up to the top around 6 a.m. right when the sun comes up so I have to start early. This would be one of the most difficult climbs I've ever done.

    Fixing the straps of my backpack and the paraglider I 'borrowed', I began my ascent and quickly realized how hard this would be. There were very few places to grab onto but there were lots of ledges to rest on the way up thankfully. My fingers rapidly grew sore underneath my gloves as I pressed them into the rock but I was determined.

I was so focused on the first half of the climb that I lost track of time on the way up and I refused to look behind me. I know seeing how high up I am would get to me. I could see the sky starting to glow in my peripheral as I was finally able to reach the halfway mark.

    I pulled myself up, completely out of breath as I sat on one of the many ledges. my arms and legs were almost numb and shaking but overall I felt pretty good. Enough to keep climbimg at least. Finally seeing the view, I gasped. It was breathtaking as the sky faded from dark blue to light pink. I scarfed down a snack as I watched while giving myself a few minutes to rest.

    When my legs and arms had regained most of their feeling, I carefully turned around and continued. The air was getting so much colder and I honestly think I might have been underprepared for it. My nose and ears had begun to lose feeling and my sweat was freezing but the worst part about this climb had yet to come.

    I could feel my 'unwavering' determination wavering as the slope practically turned upside down ahead. I had no clue how I was going to do it but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

    As I climbed, my stamina was draining much faster than in the first half and my hands were beginning to slip more frequently. I could feel anxiety brewing in my chest and it was getting harder to catch my breath. Each time I gripped the rock face, my hands shook vigorously.

    You got this. Don't look down just keep going. You're almost there. I could feel my limbs about to give out as I tackled the top of the rock which had me almost climbing upside down. My face twisted as I used the last of my energy, seeing the sky again as I neared the top. Yes! It's right there! As the rock face gutted out, the pillar I crawled up had disappeared from my sight.

    "What are you doing?" A sudden voice demanded coldly. I jumped out of my skin, almost losing my grip as my feet slipped and left me dangling high above the ground. My fingers were the only thing holding me and they were tiring out. If I fell now, I wouldn't be able to grab onto the rock. I made the mistake and looked down behind me and felt my soul leave my body. I looked back up at the blue Rito that startled me.

    "Revali...!" That was all I could say as I was completely spent. The most I could do was give him a pleading look to help me as he stared down at me. My arms couldn't handle holding up my body weight after the whole venture so my fingers lost their grip. I scrambled to grab something- anything. But, it was all in vain as I slid back down off the rock.

    Before I could fall entirely, I felt something grasp my arm tightly before hoisting me up and dropping me onto solid ground. In shock, I could only gaze at the ground with wide eyes.

    "Do you not have any sense in you? Do you realize what you could have done?" I heard his voice; disdain covering every word. We sat in more silence as I fought to compose myself. Eventually Ravali spoke back up, "Why am I even bothering?" He turned to take off but that was enough to snap me back into reality.