chapter 5. the attack.

2007

2007. SPARE BEDROOM.

The sound of ferocious clicking emitted from Alex's room as he clicked between videos of the infamous ghost hunters he had been forever fixated on. Elise practically bolting out of the apart left them with no choice but to listen to Alex's helpless ideas on how to help his sister.

"I'm telling you Dad, these guys can help." Alex explained as he played clips from his ghost documentary Emelia had seen him watching multiple times.

The boy strangely seemed optimistic to help out, attempting to show them numerous other people that could help other than Elise. Standing at the other side of Alex's desk, Emelia folded her arms as she watched the footage. Sean had his hand on the edge of the wooden table, leaning down to view.

"I don't know, they look like fools." Sean questioned, watching the footage attentively. The tape showed a guy with glasses, guiding the camera around an abandoned building. Emelia became intrigued at his mannerisms as she watched the video.

"They found a house that was being haunted, and they cleaned it. Trust me." Alex reassured.

"I don't." Sean admitted.

Emelia scoffed. "I agree. They look like morons."

Alex groaned in annoyance at Emelia's words before turning back to his Dad. "Dad, we have to do something."

Sean stalled for a moment, averting his attention to his daughters best friend, ignoring her obvious disagreement to the situation. Leaning back up, Sean sighed before shaking his head. "Alright, give me the number."

Two hours later, the door knocked. Emelia was sat at the corner of Quinn's bed, reading the same original story she had been reading before Elise's arrival and departure. She read slowly to try and soothe her tormented best friend.

"I'll be right back." Emelia whispered to Quinn, placing the book on the bed before exiting from her room. The girl was in and out of it, sleep deprivation catching up to her.

As she walked down the hall she noticed two guys at the entrance of the apartment, one had glasses who looked the exact same as the video, the other with a mohawk, the surrounding parts completely bald.

"I'm Sean, Quinn's dad." She could hear Sean introduce himself to them, offering his hand to the one with glasses.

"Hey. Specs." Specs introduced himself, nodding to the man.

"Tucker." The other one spoke as he held a cupcake with blue frosting toppled all over. He seemed to have taken a few bites upon arriving. Emelia approached, her hands folded as she stood behind Alex.