Chapter Three: Let Loose

Updated 6/27/23

Brittney's POV:

I wake up from a nap and check the time.

6:58 pm.

I contemplate on if I want to go to Ray's party tonight. I just met him less than five hours ago, but I haven't done anything since I started dating Jake. He was in so much control, I barely left the house without him questioning me. My phone rings as I jump out of my thoughts. I answer after seeing his name.

Me: Hey babe.

I sigh.

J: Hey Brit. How's it going?

Me: Going alright. I just woke up from a nap.

J: Did you clean up the house?

I roll my eyes.

Me: Yeah, it wore me out.

I lie so he don't get mad.

Me: How are things over there?

J: It's great. I know I forgot to tell you that I landed.

Me: Mhm.

I roll my eyes out of view so he don't catch me.

J: Come on baby, you know I didn't mean to.

Me: Of course not.

J: I'll make it up to you I promise.

Me: I know.

It gets silent for a moment.

J: Well I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'm about to have a meeting with the boss.

Me: Alright.

We hang up and I put my phone down. I look towards my purse where the napkin with the address is. I go and grab it.

Me: We are way overdue for some fun.

I place it on my nightstand and go turn the shower on. I strip out of my clothes and step in front of the hot water. After washing myself, I dry my body and go in the closet.

 After washing myself, I dry my body and go in the closet

Me: Hmm I need a jacket.

I go back in the closet and put on a jean jacket. I look at myself in the mirror to make sure I look good.

Me: Lemme switch these shoes.

I find some black and white converses and put them on.

Me: Alright, I think I'm good now.

I put my hair in a messy bun and put some lip balm on. I check back on the time.

7:28.

I get the napkin and put it in my fanny pack before heading out of the house. I put the address in my GPS and start my commute. I purposely take my time driving so I don't rush to the party. I don't want to be the first person there.