Chapter One: Infidelity

Updated 6/21/23

⚠️This Chapter contains violence and sexual abuse.

Brittney's POV:

I open my eyes as the sun blinds my vision. I cover my eyes as I turn on my stomach. I sit up as I hear a sound coming from another room. I get out of bed and walk out of the bedroom. The sounds get louder as I walk towards the room where it's coming from.

J: Fuck.

I hear Jake say as I hear the bed squeaking.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I say to myself as I go to the kitchen and grab a medium sized skillet. I go back to the room and burst through the door.

Me: Fuck ass nigga!

I swing the skillet on his back as the two stop their sexual intercourse.

G: Oh my gosh!

The girl yells as she hurries out of the bed.

Me: Wack ass bitch you ain't innocent!

I swing towards her back and she falls on the floor. I go back to Jake and start punching him repeatedly.

J: Back the fuck up Brit!

Me: No fuck you! You think you can just fuck some bitch while I'm in the other room.

The girl grabs her clothes and limps out of the house.

J: I'll call you later ma.

Me: Pussy ass nigga. I hate you!

He slaps me across the face as I fall on the floor. He grabs the skillet and throws it away from me. He grabs my chin so I can look at him.

J: Now you listen to me. I own you bitch. Whatever I do you will be fine with it.

I move my chin from his grasp and spit in his face.

Me: You ain't shit.

He grabs my neck and forcefully push me down on the floor.

J: Keep talking and watch what happens. This is my house, and you will respect me.

I start tearing up as his grip gets tighter around my neck.

Me: What about me Jake? You did all that fuckin work to get me just to control me. You fucking psychopath.

He punches me in my face and I blackout.

Some Time Later

I open my eyes and see I am still on the floor, naked. This son of a bitch did it again. I get up as I wince in pain. I limp towards the bathroom and start running a bath. I look in the mirror and see a bruises under my right eye and body. I start crying as I assess the damage.

How did I get here? What did I do to deserve this? How can I get out and finally be happy?

I ask myself as the tears roll down my face. I turn the water off and submerge in the tub. I sit there in silence, staring blankly in front of me to block out the pain. I take a deep breath and submerge my head in the water.

Maybe if I stay under, I can get out of this hell hole.

I think to myself as I continue holding my breath. Our relationship starts flashing back as I try to see where we went wrong. No matter how many times I try, I never seem to find the cause of the ongoing abuse.

I then think about my brother and how he would feel if he knew his sister was no longer here. I can't do that to him. He's done everything to keep me happy and I know it will kill him. I rise up from the water and gasp for air.

I just can't bring myself to do it.

I think to myself as I feel the tears form again. The bedroom door bursts open as I jump in fear. He walks in the bathroom and sits on the chair. I avoid making eye contact with him as I stare back in front of me.

J: I'm sorry alright. You know I never mean to hurt you.

I stay quiet as he looks at me. He gets up and sits next to the tub.

J: I really want to change Brittney. You know I care about you.

He tries to grab my hand, but I move it away. He sighs in defeat.

J: I got some food on the nightstand in case you're hungry.

He gets up and kiss my forehead before walking out. I instantly wipe the kiss off and sigh. I wash my body and get out of the tub. I put on a T-shirt and sweatpants before sitting on the bed. I look at the bag of food and roll my eyes. I grab it and start eating.

Me: Pasta.

I say out loud as I raise my eyebrow. He's trying to butter me up again. I take a bite and exhale in satisfaction. Although I didn't want to eat it, my body needed it.