My werewolf protector- 1 step forward 2 steps back

It became apparent that Samuel is more complex than I had first pegged. He seemed more than okay to talk yesterday but after spending three hours with my back turned to him as I shopped for his new wardrobe it was as if he had spent the time making himself his very own concrete wall.

I felt as if yesterday we had crossed a line and maybe that we were edging that little bit closer to friends but it became clear as Samuel sat in silence that it was not the case.

"I've been invited to another of my dads collueges parties so I'm afraid he'll drag you along too" I grimaced thinking of spending another night around hundreds of insatiable snobs.

He nodded his head looking uncomfortable in his more than comfortable room.

"That definately means a haircut" I said more to myself. " I'll call Zoe around. Is there any style you want?"

He looked at me and I got the message. 'I dont care about my hair do what ever you want'

I was slightly taken back by his hostility but hid it behind and a monolouge fof styles I felt would suit him.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Zoe came, zoe conquered, zoe left. He looked dashing, dressed in an impecable suit, his black hair a styled neat mess.

"You look good" I appraised. He really did. I wanted to run my hands through his hair, down the nape of his neck and across his strong jaw. It would be the first time I was looking forward to being escorted even if he loathed me. I mean he could'nt keep it up could he?

He nodded his thankyou, his eyes casually runnning along my body, I was wearing a tight fitting dress, open back and smart.

"You too" his voice was quiet but gruff as if he were almost saying it grudgingly. I smiled though, pleased by his compliment.  but said nothing more instead I causiosly walked towards him and loped my arm around his.

"Do you know any of the formalities?" I asked gazing up at him.

He shook his head. "I'll teach you" I asured. " Just sort of follow my lead you'll get the hang of it"

I watched him as we decended down the stairs to the car waiting for us outside.

"You need to stand a little straighter, shoulders back, chest out sort of thing" I whispered so my farther waiting by the car door would not hear.

"You scrub up well boy" My father said to Samuel, his eyes slipping from him to me.

"You look beautiful as always darling" He lent down and kissed me on the cheek before ushering us in the car .

We sat in silence, it wasn't uncomfortable, just stuffy. Samual wasnt looking out the window as i suspected instead he was staring at seat in front of him with mild hatred. Great, just great.

"Charles has a son you know Maddy, a very upstanding young gentleman, will be taking over their family buisness soon, he'll be a very rich man inteed." Dad said turning his face from the window towards me. I shrugged.

"Im sure Charles will introduce the two of you" Dad smiled toward me as if he knew thats what I was secrretly hoping for. I turned my head, grimacing , I don't want a boyfriend especially not some rich pretty boy.

"How about it Maddy?" I didn't know what he espected me to say.

""Yeah" I said lamely, not really knowing what I was agreeing to. Dad beamed.

"You'd make a stunning couple" I gaped at him but he continued.

"You'll see" was all he said. Yes, we will i thought gritting my teeth.