Woe I Ever Wanted

Wednesday ran through the rain, her breath in ragged gasps as the cold air burned her lungs with each inhale. Tears streamed down her face, mingling with the rain. She could hear Xavier calling her name over the roar of thunder, but she ran faster still.

In her haste, her foot slipped on the slick, muddy ground, causing her ankle to twist painfully beneath her. She fell hard, the impact jarring her whole body. Wednesday struggled to push herself back up, but the slippery ground and the pain in her ankle made it impossible. As she lay there helplessly, she heard the sound of splashing footsteps rapidly approaching. In no time, Xavier appeared beside her, long wet hair clinging to his face and panting.

He offered his arm for support as she tried to regain her footing, but Wednesday hissed in pain, barely able to put any weight on her injured ankle. Seeing her struggle, Xavier quickly switched tactics and lifted her legs off the ground, placing a gentle hand on her upper back and the other under her knees.

He stood in the pouring rain, cradling Wednesday in his arms as she clung to him desperately.

She had dreamed of this moment for so long, but never allowed herself to indulge in the fantasy of it.

"Wednesday,"

She could feel the heat of his breath caressing her skin, his voice lingering over the last syllable of her name as if savoring the taste.

God knows how hard she had tried to crush those feelings, to let them wither away in darkness, but they had only grown stronger— like resilient vines invading every part of her being.

Despite knowing that he may never truly belong to her, Wednesday refused to let the opportunity slip away. She had decided to take the risk, for she had nothing to lose.

Heart beating fast, she lifted her hand to caress Xavier's cheek, tilting his face down towards her. It turned out that she needn't have to, for he was already leaning in to meet her halfway.

The storm raged around them as their lips met, tenderly at first, slowly exploring each other as if they were trying to map out the essence of the other's being. It was a revelation, surpassing all of her wildest dreams.
The intensity grew with each passing second, fueled by an insatiable thirst that was impervious to the raging storm around them. Their lips crashed together in a frenzy of pent-up longing, tongues tangling as they lost themselves in the moment.

He tasted like rain and desire, an intoxicating combination that made her dizzy with need. Her fingers were tangled in his long hair, pulling him closer as she savored the feeling of his arms wrapped around her. As they parted, gasping for air, their eyes met and the lightning that cracked overhead was mirrored in their gazes.

The rain continued to fall, but to Wednesday, nothing else mattered except for the sensation of Xavier's lips moving in sync with hers.

And that was all she ever wanted.