𝟏𝟐. 𝐌𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐬 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐃𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?

- i gave in. i'm pulling a percy jackson and making ridiculous chapter titles and no one can stop me (translation: say bye to the fancy words as titles)

◢✥◣

Loud.

That was the best word Pierce could think of to describe this whole situation right now.

He was unsure of what to expect from this world's education system. He would not know what it was like on Daemos, either—he was not one to receive the luxury of an education, prioritizing strength and fighting skills instead. He had no trouble accepting this fact.

But this...

"Mrs. Munno! Kyle stole my lunch bag!"

"Did not! She just wants me to get in trouble! I'm innocent!"

This was just ridiculously chaotic for something that was supposed to be educational. It seemed they had an outdoor area for all the tiny humans to mess around—and there was a big main building, with three floors. It was nothing special in the eyes of the child, but intriguing to the outlander.

"Is...is this the right place?" Pierce asks unsurely, a little reluctant to leave the child in a place like this (were they throwing stuff at each other?!). "This...seems more like a battlefield."

[y/n] burst into laughter, finding his reaction funnier than they imagined. "Nah, this is the right place!" They adjusted the bag on their shoulders before running off into the yard, but not without giving the man a big ol' bear hug. "Bye Mister Pierce! Thanks for dropping me off!"

Pierce watched as they disappeared into the sea of children, lingering for a moment before turning to leave. Though he was a little concerned with the nature of this place, he hoped the little royal would be able to fend for themselves in this battlefield they called...school.

They ran up to the two that had been arguing when they got there, immediately tackling the girl with a grin. "Riley!"

"Ack! Ohhhh, [y/n]!" The little girl squealed, hugging them tightly in response. "Where have you been?!?! You've been absent for like...a while! I can't even remember when I last saw you, and that's really bad! Plus..." She sent a glare towards the male that had a surprised look on his face. "Kyle's been tormenting me since you were gone."

"No, I wasn't!" He huffed, before looking at [y/n]. "...Hi [y/n]. Welcome back."

They giggled, waving at him before getting up and dusting off their clothes. They'd offer a hand to Riley as well. "Thanks!"

"Mhm! So, uh...what did I miss?"

"Welll...oh! Hey, [y/n]," Riley poked their shoulder with an accusing look. "You didn't forget the show and tell we have this morning, riiight?"

The child blanked out. "...What."

"Remember!" Riley waggled her finger in disappointment. "We have a show and tell thingy today! Then we have, um...oh! Our aquarium trip is tomorrow! Then we have the school fair on Friday. Ohh, but guess what? Mrs. Parnell got fired yesterday. Eric and Wendy got into a fistfight. Oh oh, and get this...Paula and Frank broke up—"

"Woah woah woah! Hold on!" The child shook their head in disbelief. "I—I missed that much stuff?!"

"Mhm!"