05 - Bad Dreams

I stare at my wrists, twisting them around and even pinching myself. I look at Steve who was lost in his thoughts, then Natasha who was shaking. I face my wrists again. I have to go home. I cannot stay out here any longer.

The fire slowly appears in my hands, I stare at it. I don't remember much about my childhood. I never bothered to learn Baron's name, I didn't like him or how he treated Amy. I remember the other people in my life who said his name and how he was a genius.

They knew who he was to me, and they never told me.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air."

I look at Tony. I get off of the chair "Stark Relief Foundation?"

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

I look out of the window as I move closer to the only sane people on board "Everyone's...we took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

I awkwardly stand next to Tony and face out the window "Neither do we" He switches off the monitor "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?"

"A safe house," I smile listening to Clint. Tony faces me and I rest my head on his shoulder. He didn't say anything and put his arm around my waist.

I never really spoke about what happened to me to the others, mostly because I don't remember a lot of it, but I was worried they would judge me. I've tried to tell Tony or Thor, but I don't know how to explain it without wanting to cry.

-

The jet stopped finally, but when the doors opened and I had to stand up, I almost fell down again. Thor helps me up and takes me out of the jet. I hold onto his arm and see the familiar farmhouse. I smile.

"What is this place?"

"A safe house?"

"Let's hope," I let go of Thor and let the group walk in before me. I take a deep breath before stepping in "Honey, I'm home," Laura comes out from the kitchen and froze when she saw everyone "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

Laura kisses Clint. Tony turns to Thor who looked very confused "This is an agent of some kind."

I roll my eyes "Gentleman, this is Laura."

Laura smiled kindly "I know all your names." Tony waves and the rest of them awkwardly stare at her.

The children begin running down the stairs. I glance back and then hang my head again "I see her! Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..."

Tony points "These are...smaller agents." I nudge him in the ribs.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?"

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Lila rushes towards Natasha who picks her up in her arms. I swallow and turn my back to them taking out my phone.

"Sorry for barging in on you."

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed."

I turn back to hit him on the arm. I finish off my text message before facing Clint again "Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low."