danse macabre

danse macabre-͓̽ 

danse macabre-͓̽ 

Zig-a-zig-a-zig it's the Rhythm of Death!
Death at midnight playing a dance tune,
 Zig-a-zig-a-zig on his violin.
The winter wind whistles and the night is dark.
The winter wind whistles and the lime trees moan.
Weird white skeletons streak across the shadows
Running and leaping wrapped in their shrouds.
Zig-a-zig-a-zig the dance grows even wilder
You can hear the eerie clatter of the dancers'bones
But wait! Suddenly they all stop dancing.
They scatter, they vanish for the cock has crowed

- Henry Cazalis

»»————- ♔ ————-««

Liv Leeflang was supposed to be an artist, she could feel it in her entire being. She could feel it when she emptied the pockets of unsuspecting passersby, her nimble fingers grasping elegantly at every valuable item they could find. She could feel it when she scaled the rooftops, silently making her way through the alleyways of Ketterdam like a choreographed dance. She could feel it when she looked at the boy with a shark's gaze and could only think of the poems that wrote themselves in her mind. She would have been an artist if fate hadn't been so cruel to her. So now, she used her artistic talents and creative mind to do Dirtyhand's bidding, something she didn't seem to mind as much as she had previously thought.

»»————- ♔ ————-««

disclaimers, warnings and other shenanigans :

hello hi, welcome (back)! it's been a long time. i haven't written anything in more than a year, but these books/show have captured my heart in a way that others haven't been able to do in years.

disclaimers !
this book is inspired by the netflix show Shadow and Bone, and will act as a prequel for it of sorts mostly follow the show's cannon understanding of the characters and events in the Grishaverse. I am, however, currently reading the Six of Crows duology! so i will add and change details along the way. because of this, this book will be a blend of both the show and the books (and also my own mind, because i feel like changing things sometimes)

the characters in this book are all based on those presented by Leigh Bardugo, and none of the characters, places and plotlines as she has created them, belong to me (obviously)! i only own the character of Liv Leeflang, and other original characters introduced in the book.

also another little disclaimer: english is not my first language. i would like to think my english is pretty good, but i'm still a fucking moron and just misspell words occasionally. i want to apologise for that in advance lol.

warnings !
this book is gonna be very grim my friends. it will include a lot of triggering subjects such as graphic depictions of murder/self harm/sexual assault/and more. if these are topics that might not sit well with you, i'd suggest skipping out on this one. i won't be putting trigger warnings at the top of chapters (unless somebody requests it). 

shenanigans !
fun fact, i currently live and study in amsterdam at the moment, so i feel a big connection with ketterdam, even though amsterdam is a lot less grim in my humble opinion. but be sure on the lookouts for a lot of references to actual places and buildings in amsterdam:)) -- oh and a lot of dutch names, a lot.

dedications !
to my lovely boyfriend brin, who has allowed me to rant about this show and book for way longer than any sane person would, and to alice, you're okay too, i guess.

彡 playlist :

playlist :

i - danse macabre by canukke saint-saens, ii - cafe 1930 by astor piazzolla & michelle jade, iii - the second waltz, op. 99a by dmitri shostakovic, iv - danse macabre by the oh hellos, v - drawn to the blood by sufjan stevens, vi - can i exist by missio, vii - i don't want to set the world on fire by the ink spots, viii - dream sweet in sea major by miracle musical, ix - the plagues by ralph fiennes, x - merry-go-around of life by joe hisaishi, xi - achilles come down by gang of youths, xii - me and the devil by soap&skin, xiii - sculpture of everything goes by arctic monkeys, xiv - thanatos by soap&skin
(to be added..)

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ a small reminder to please, please, please vote and comment :)

╭₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪╮

Started : [3/4/23]
Finished : [-/-/-]
Edited : [-/-/-]